Rearranging Cabin Question

cruisedup

We are cruising with my sister's family. The nieces, nephew, and my son decided they want to all sleep in same room. Right now we have 3 staterooms side by side with 3 people in each room, giving us a King and a Trundle in each room.

Has anyone ever asked your room steward to move the trundle to the next room? For example my nieces want the king bed and nephew has his trundle. And there is a trundle in our room for our son. But can I ask steward to move my son's trundle into their room at night time and just tip him to do that for us? I already called Carnival and checked on changing rooms and there's nothing left. I also asked if we could have an upper bunk pulled down and she said there isn't one in our specific stateroom. Empress 4E category.

You can ask but I would be surprised if they did it. Just because they would have to remember to put it back in the other cabin once you depart.

Plus the occupancy of the cabin would matter too I imagine. If that would put it over the room limit then no.

Edited by BeachChik

I don't know if it would be a problem with occupancy or a matter of bringing it back and forth which I agree could be tiresome for the steward.

I've never been in a cabin with a trundle, but from the pictures I have seen it appears that is a pretty tight squeeze with one trundle so adding two might not fit. Maybe someone else that has actually has stayed in a cabin like that could be of more help.

Thanks everyone! I may just have to be the mom/aunt that says either squeeze into the king bed or no sleepovers :) Of course my 14 year old son says "Mom I'll just carry my mattress over each night" oh boy this shall be interesting! I think they forget we aren't at home and we aren't on a camping trip :D

King bed stays as twin and one trundle under each during the day. Assure the room steward you will return the trundle to it's original stateroom. I don't think there will be a problems so long as he/she knows what is going on.

I booked Grandson in with my mom but moved him to his parents stateroom with baby sister upon sailing. Our room steward was fine with the move.

Don't forget to get a key only card for the folks that switch staterooms from CS.

We booked 2 cabins next to each other last summer. Two different Stewards.You may need to get permission from 2. One will have an easier time & one won't. Always give an extra tip up front for service above & beyond!