Port Of Baltimore Priority Lounge

rccranbob

No they do not. In April, diamond and Platinum were placed in a back room and FTTF was off to the side in the main room. This was different than the six or seven other times I've cruised out of Baltimore. But, they do board in this order: weddings then Diamond and Platinum and Suites. Then FTTF. Then regular zoned boarding.

We were told that the port is currently renovating and making a specific priority boarding area that is expected to be completed later this year. This terminal building is really just a big warehouse. No lounges there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 5 weeks later...

Just off Pride cruise of July 24th. We are Platinum (and DH is handicapped).

When we cruised out of Baltimore in January, Diamond/Platinum were off to the side, nothing special, but they did call us up fairly quickly.

July 24th we were in a back hallway lined with folding chairs. It was okay until they called for the wedding parties -- half the people stood up (no they weren't part of those groups). Port employees then called for Diamond/Platinum by rows -- people were jumping over chairs to change rows, knocking chairs into the aisles, etc.

Perhaps I was just hot, tired, and hoping for so much more (it was 103 degrees on the way into Baltimore that day). I'm sure the next embarkation will be much better. :)

When we cruised out of Baltimore in January, Diamond/Platinum were off to the side, nothing special, but they did call us up fairly quickly.

July 24th we were in a back hallway lined with folding chairs. It was okay until they called for the wedding parties -- half the people stood up (no they weren't part of those groups). Port employees then called for Diamond/Platinum by rows -- people were jumping over chairs to change rows, knocking chairs into the aisles, etc.

Perhaps I was just hot, tired, and hoping for so much more (it was 103 degrees on the way into Baltimore that day). I'm sure the next embarkation will be much better. :)

I guess to idiocy displayed by some shouldn't be surprising at this point. Jumping over chairs to change rows and trying to "blend in" with a wedding party so they can put the feed bag on at the buffet 5 mins sooner than if they just gracefully waited

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by First and Ten

• 11 months later...

Hi There. My father is handicapped and it has been quite a while since he has cruised. We are getting married on the Pride and the whole fam will be leaving out of Baltimore. Are they accommodating? Do they have have wheel chairs that you know of that he can use till he gets on the boat? Just curious what your experience was like.

We have our wedding cruise on the Pride in Oct (a port wedding not embarkation day). We are going to be in a suite while my minor children will not. My concern is if our boys (15yrs) need us to be with them to board or can I have my father with them and their needed documentation? I would like to get on, get our bags dropped and prepare for our guests, put their goody bags in their rooms if possible, book our cabana at HMC, meet up with the Maitre D mostly done before they get on or I'd have no problem waiting back with all of our guests and our children.

Hi There. My father is handicapped and it has been quite a while since he has cruised. We are getting married on the Pride and the whole fam will be leaving out of Baltimore. Are they accommodating? Do they have have wheel chairs that you know of that he can use till he gets on the boat? Just curious what your experience was like.

We have always found them to be most accommodating, but they have to "know" that you need assistance. I will be the first to admit, I am a wimp!!! Unless I'm hot, hungry, or tired, I usually don't complain or say anything. Our PVP always makes a notation for our embarkation and debarkation ports that wheelchair assistance is required. Sure, on occasion that will not be present, but PVP Marsha has said "Go tell them!!!" And she's right. For the most part they have been there to help us and they are very kind about it.