Ultimate Beverage Package

CozGurl

I'm still trying to decide between NCL Dawn and CCL Splendor and I'm down to dollar to dollar and upcharges.

NCL is including this drink pack but this is the list of exclusions on their website:

"The Ultimate Beverage Package does not include room service, package sales, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated Super Premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, bottled water, fresh squeezed juices, select Lavazza coffee beverages, energy drinks, vending machines, wine stations or spirits, cocktails, draft or bottled beer and glasses of wine over $15 USD. One (1) beverage per person per transaction. Package can be used in all restaurants, lounges, bars and Great Stirrup Cay. Any items over $15 USD will receive an $15"

I guess I don't understand what IS included if you can't get "spirits, cocktails, draft or bottled beer." Can anyone help?

I think the "answer" lies in the remainder of the sentence ;)

"and glasses of wine over $15 USD."

At least that's what I am counting on :D

So the "over $15" seems to apply to all those other drinks as well ;)

Otherwise it's a $15 credit per drink I suspect...

Paul...

Yes, spirits, cocktails, draft or bottled beer and glasses of wine under $15 are included. Over $15 (if you can find them) and you just pay the excess apparently (I say apparently because the situation has never arisen for me).

Edited by KeithJenner

I'm still trying to decide between NCL Dawn and CCL Splendor and I'm down to dollar to dollar and upcharges.

NCL is including this drink pack but this is the list of exclusions on their website:

"The Ultimate Beverage Package does not include room service, package sales, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated Super Premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, bottled water, fresh squeezed juices, select Lavazza coffee beverages, energy drinks, vending machines, wine stations or spirits, cocktails, draft or bottled beer and glasses of wine over $15 USD. One (1) beverage per person per transaction. Package can be used in all restaurants, lounges, bars and Great Stirrup Cay. Any items over $15 USD will receive an $15"

I guess I don't understand what IS included if you can't get "spirits, cocktails, draft or bottled beer." Can anyone help?

The answer lies within your own question. Spirits, cocktails, draft or bottled beer and glasses of wine that are $15 or under are included. If it is over $15, say $19, you get credited the $15 and only pay the difference ($4).

If you like to relax and enjoy a few beverages on your vacation the UBP is a great deal. We were on the Gem last October and never had a drink over $15 and some nights my DH had premium scotch, I would have Bailey's or other after dinner drinks. All the wines were under the $15 Cap, even if you asked for the 9 Oz pour..... which means less frequent orders. As for water, I bought refillable bottles with a built in filter and filled them with tap water and ice from our cabin.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

We only ever had to pay the difference, and that was at Mondavi Wine Bar when we got some ice wine. We love a good ice wine, and it is REALLY expensive, so paying 3.00 per glass was a steal for us, as it's normally 50-100.00 for a tiny bottle of ice wine.

Other than that, I was able to get premium alcohol included, just be sure to say what brand of liquor you want in your drink

It was explained in the paragraph above the one you quoted:

Norwegian's Ultimate Beverage Package includes a variety of spirits, cocktails, wines by the glass and bottled or draft beer up to and including $15 USD and unlimited fountain soda and juices at all bars, lounges, restaurants and the Great Stirrup Cay. A 20% discount will be applied to all bottles of wine purchased on board.