Death on the Paradise

Astronomer

As long as the Minnesota Vikings aren't on the ship, I'll sail.....:D

I love it how we are often the laughing stock of the country:D

1st- Jesse Ventura

and now the 2 & 5 Vikings (thanks Green Bay!)

Sorry to get off-topic.... My two cents- If I passed away on a cruise, the funnel deck would be haunted for eternity.

True, and when you consider the number of chickens, cows and lobsters that died for that cruise, we are talking about real carnage.

Not to mention the number of heads of lettuce that gave up their lives.

OMG LOL, that's a good one.

I’m not sure if it’s the same on cruise ships, but my family has for years had a franchise of one of the well know hotel chains. I speak from experience when I tell you that lots of people pick hotels as a place to commit suicide. It’s an impersonal place and a place where someone other than family members will discover them. In the hotel business we would call the authorities and let them take over and do all the official things. After the body was taken away we’d call a company that specializes in cleaning up crime scenes, etc. (Not all suicides are by overdose). The room would be completely emptied and all bedding and linens had to be taken away in haz-mat containers. (there are companies that specialize in that, too). Then the room is taken "off market" for a couple of weeks and the room number is changed. Then we’d usually send flowers to the funeral and a condolence letter to the family.

Guest BT50021
Sad that one must die on vacation, but--what do they do with that room on the next cruise. I personally would not want to be in the cabin where

someone had just passed away.

:(

Me either. A friend of mine's mother stayed in a hotel in Vegas and discovered a deceased "working girl" under the bed:eek: . It was a NICE hotel too. Needless to say they were compensated like CRAZY...all their airfare was paid and they stayed free of charge, among other things. YIKES..what a way to start a vacation, huh?

SO sad....

:eek: OMG - Under the bed?!?! That is aweful!!!!!! I don't know what I would have done....SCREAM comes to mind first!!!

I hope the friends' mother didn't suffer and 'post-traumatic' stress issues after that!!!! I think I am going to have nightmares tonight!!

True, and when you consider the number of chickens, cows and lobsters that died for that cruise, we are talking about real carnage.

Not to mention the number of heads of lettuce that gave up their lives.

I feel for the tons of helpless potatoes that are treated horribly.

First, they are blinded, then their little skins are torn off in some grinder machine. Then many are sliced into long square strips. Then they are dumped into boiling oil. Just as they think somebody is saving them from the burning oil, they get salt dumped on their blistered flesh. Such horror!!

Dan

I’m not sure if it’s the same on cruise ships, but my family has for years had a franchise of one of the well know hotel chains. I speak from experience when I tell you that lots of people pick hotels as a place to commit suicide. It’s an impersonal place and a place where someone other than family members will discover them. In the hotel business we would call the authorities and let them take over and do all the official things. After the body was taken away we’d call a company that specializes in cleaning up crime scenes, etc. (Not all suicides are by overdose). The room would be completely emptied and all bedding and linens had to be taken away in haz-mat containers. (there are companies that specialize in that, too). Then the room is taken "off market" for a couple of weeks and the room number is changed. Then we’d usually send flowers to the funeral and a condolence letter to the family.

Wow...'off market' for a couple weeks?? That's quite something. As a person who doesn't get spooked by spooks ;) it wouldn't bother me to stay in a room where someone died, but my question to you is HOW do you change a hotel room number and what difference does it make if the number on the door is different?? How absolutely silly is it to do that? :p

I feel for the tons of helpless potatoes that are treated horribly.

First, they are blinded, then their little skins are torn off in some grinder machine. Then many are sliced into long square strips. Then they are dumped into boiling oil. Just as they think somebody is saving them from the burning oil, they get salt dumped on their blistered flesh. Such horror!!

Dan

And those poor frogs, loosing thier legs and spending the rest of thier lives wheeling themselves around in little carts. :(

I have to tell you, that after having worked on a cruise ship, and dealing directly with passengers, there are often deaths that sadly occur, and usually the staff manage to deal with it so that other passengers are not aware...There are "coolers" in the ships hospital that are used, and sometimes will have an "occupant" for the entire cruise, depending on the wishes of a spouse...If you see a passenger going by in a wheelchair, with an O2 mask and wrapped in a blanket........:confused:

The majority are "natural" causes, too much food/drink, or forgotten meds....

It is always so sad tho when a spose is involved...often a cruise the couple have saved and saved for, or a 50th+ wedding anniversary, then one expires unexpectedly...so sad.

There was an older gentleman on the plane with me to MIA for my Sprit cruise in 2002 that died at the luggage pickup. We were on the way to his cruise adventure. I noticed him walking up and down the isles on the plane, but assumed it was a circulation problem As we were waiting for our luggage, he dropped right there. It was so very sad. I had just gone to sit down and wait for the luggage when I saw all the comotion. When I saw that it was this same man, it reallysaddened me. Tomorrow I go again to the MIA airport for the very first time since that cruise. I know he will come into my mind as I am waiting for my luggage. That's why I say live life to the fullest, and he probably did.

Me either. A friend of mine's mother stayed in a hotel in Vegas and discovered a deceased "working girl" under the bed:eek: . It was a NICE hotel too. Needless to say they were compensated like CRAZY...all their airfare was paid and they stayed free of charge, among other things. YIKES..what a way to start a vacation, huh?

SO sad....

Oh my gosh, my mom told me a story almost identical to that! Is that kind of thing common in Vegas? Or do you think it's the same person??? My mom said that when she went to her HS reunion this summer one of her classmates and husband had traveled with some friends to vegas. These friends kept complaining about an odor in the room. They had housekeeping come to the room like three times and the last time the manager went up there and that's when the body was discovered. SCARY! I bet that couple never stays in a hotel again!

Archived