New cruiser....which balcony???

CFENNY

We are first time cruisers and are going to book a 7 day on the Norwegian Epic. We are traveling with out 6 year old son so we definitely want a balcony to hang out at night once he is asleep. I have no idea what room to book. Do we get an aft balcony or just a regular room with balcony? Are the aft balcony's bigger or have a better view? I would love any advice you can offer! Thank you from the newbie!:confused:

I really can't speak of the Epic. With that in mind, the aft facing balconies are generally considerably bigger and come with a bigger price tag. You also want to be careful because there may be balconies that are referred to as aft and some aft-facing. Aft-facing are the bigger ones. Also, the aft facing has much less wind, so might be worth the money for you as it sounds as though you'll be spending a bit of time there.

The EPIC also has a category of large balconies.

The aft balconies will be larger but many people comment that in Epic aft cabins you feel the boat 'shudder' quite a lot. All the balcony cabins will be the same size. The ones at the start and end of the 'hump' will have slightly larger balconies as they are angled.

We sailed on Epic with two adults and a 10 year old. We went for a mini suite cabin. In a mini suite, the bathroom area is larger. You get either a double shower or a tub with a shower in it. We thought the room felt larger and more spacious. Have a look online and see if people have posted videos.

The Epic does have several balconies that are overlooked by those above them. It also has some hull balconies. Someone produced info on this. Here is the link -

Epic Hull Balcony Listing - Includes maps & features

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1522322

You can also use a website called cruise deck plans and it has a feature where you can drag one deck on top of the other (just line up the elevators). That way you'll be able to see if your balcony is overlooked/exposed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by vondofife