Springhill Suites FLL recently?

tooalto

Has anyone stayed there recently? I booked this property for our pre-cruise stay next March. It was recommended here and on Trip Advisor but I just checked Trip Advisor and saw three very poor reviews in a row. We usually stay at the Embassy Suites but the rates were sky high. I chose Springhill based on ratings, price and shuttle service. I appreciate any input.

The one in Dania Beach? If last spring is considered recent, than yes. I think (not 100% sure) the bad reviews were because the hotel was undergoing construction and people seemed unhappy about the dust and noise. I've stayed there 4-5 times over the years and have not had a bad experience. I use points and was upset to see one night went from 30,000-35,000 but other than that, each stay has been great.

2 big + are free breakfast and free shuttle to the cruise port.

We stayed in November (2015) and it was very nice. It was the third time we had stayed at that particular hotel. My only issue is that the only food in close walking distance is fast food. To get a nice restaurant you need to take a taxi about a mile down the shopping mall.

We also stay at the Marriott Courtyard in Plantation. There is lots more shopping and food choices in close walking distance. They also have a free shuttle from airport (7 AM to 7 PM) and to Port Everglade.

We stayed in November (2015) and it was very nice. It was the third time we had stayed at that particular hotel. My only issue is that the only food in close walking distance is fast food. To get a nice restaurant you need to take a taxi about a mile down the shopping mall.

We also stay at the Marriott Courtyard in Plantation. There is lots more shopping and food choices in close walking distance. They also have a free shuttle from airport (7 AM to 7 PM) and to Port Everglade.

Agree with you...it would be really nice if the shopping plaza across the street had something a little nicer than Friday's and Dave and Buster's.