Faster to the Fun question

elbmag

We are leaving from Seattle for a 7 day Alaska cruise next week. I just printed out my cruise documents and my Faster to the Fun information is on the luggage tags and my excursion purchases.

My question is my documents show embarkation as 1PM-3PM. I thought Faster to the Fun gave us some sort of priority embarkation and the FAQ seems to indicate this as well.

Has anyone had Faster to the Fun and know if we should expect to be able to get onto the ship earlier than 1PM?

I had FTTF for my 6/14 Legend. I believe boarding started either at 10:30 or almost 11. Things were not crowded and it moved very fast. Same with the dreaded last day. Customs was just a man standing by the door asking if we had a great cruise as he looked at our passports and waved us on.

One of my best cruises EVER, by the way. We had amazing weather. Don't over pack, things are real casual and we wore jeans and sneakers to dinner most nights, as did everyone else. Even formal night was less formal than most other Carnival cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Lets say the ship was ready right at 1PM. You would be boarding after Diamond, Platinum and suite people. While you don't get on any earlier than when the ship is ready, you do get to go ahead of the general masses and your room will be ready.

You may be on board 5 minutes before the start of the general masses. But less lines, and you can go straight to your room.

Also, there is a good chance the ship will be ready and cleared before the time on the paper work. However, things happen, and you could be boarding later than the given time depending on what goes on. Never know.

Thanks QZQ, that is what I wanted to hear. I really bought Faster to the fun for debarkation since we have an 11:25AM flight back to the east coast. I'm hoping we can catch that and I figured F2F may help us get there.

Self-debarkation (carrying your own luggage) is fast. We were planning on using FTTF for a faster debarkation, but it was quicker just to get in the fast moving debarkation line with the rest of our deck in the lobby. Seems so many use the zone debarkation.