Packing question.

1buckeyenut

We carry on everything. The few times we've checked thru luggage, anything we lug on everything expensive (laptop), not replaceable (my hemmed pants) or need it to live (CPAP and meds).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have a small desk fan that runs by battery or by electric. I pack that in my suitcase and send it thru normal baggage delivery. I think you could carry on as well. I think a box fan would be overkill, but to each his own.

I also went to Lowes and got a plug in that has two plugs and two usb's for charging phones, kindles etc...I love that thing and have never ever gotten any questions about that.

Need a box fan to drown out the sound of my husbands snoring. He could wake everyone on our deck and 1 deck up and down. Have ear plugs and sound machine but also use a full size box fan at home and when traveling by car. We are driving to port and it would be awesome to be able to sleep! [emoji15]

My preference is to carry on anything that is important to me. Obviously travel documents, prescription medication and ID. But also electronics and power adapters/multiplugs.

Of late there have been multiple post regarding fans being confiscated. When we take the baby fan I have a copy of the prohibited items list and a copy of John Heald's post regarding fans.

To those that say they affix a luggage tag to their box fan and check it. Have you seen how they stack luggage? I am truly surprised that it arrives intact. I am glad you have been successful. But again, anything important to me will be carried on.