Just off the Getaway, my comparison to other cruise lines

We were planning on booking Princess next year for a Mexican Riviera, I know NCL does this same route, why wouldn't you do Princess?

Wow, after reading all the geezer rants about Princess, I wonder what ships they were on ! I've been on the Royal and Caribbean Princess and I find those remarks a tad misleading. There were a lot of older people on my Dec 15 cruise on Caribbean Princess out of Houston, but they weren't clogging the hallways ! That's misleading and offensive to boot. My DH, DS and I enjoyed the cruise, I mean REALLY, we were on a cruise - we love cruising ! We all agreed, though, that it was not the Royal Princess. It didn't even come to her belly button in terms of food, entertainment, etc. First off, there's no Enclave on Caribbean Princess. We will definitely cruise on Princess again, but just on the newer ships with the forward DZ balconies.

These negative comments have to be about older Princess ships, there is NO NEGATIVE about the Royal and Regal.

warm regards,

Kristine

Wow, after reading all the geezer rants about Princess, I wonder what ships they were on ! I've been on the Royal and Caribbean Princess and I find those remarks a tad misleading. There were a lot of older people on my Dec 15 cruise on Caribbean Princess out of Houston, but they weren't clogging the hallways ! That's misleading and offensive to boot. My DH, DS and I enjoyed the cruise, I mean REALLY, we were on a cruise - we love cruising ! We all agreed, though, that it was not the Royal Princess. It didn't even come to her belly button in terms of food, entertainment, etc. First off, there's no Enclave on Caribbean Princess. We will definitely cruise on Princess again, but just on the newer ships with the forward DZ balconies.

These negative comments have to be about older Princess ships, there is NO NEGATIVE about the Royal and Regal.

warm regards,

Kristine

Sorry all ... I had to chuckle about the "geezers/ol' fogies" comments" ... :). It's nice to have a chuckle nowadays with all that's been going on in the world. It brought to mind our cruise with NCL in the Mediterranean ... on that sailing I s w e a r that we had never seen so many walkers and "old people" on a cruise ever before - or since. That particular cruise was NINETEEN years ago ... it was so "traumatic" that it may explain why it has taken us so long to cruise with NCL again - lol. :)

Seriously ... ;) ... we love cruising ... true each cruise line offers something unique and may not appeal to certain demographics/age group. Even though we're not even close to retirement age, we've been on Holland America along with Carnival, Princess, Celebrity and Disney. We're finally going to give RCL a visit for the first time (next year) with the Anthem immediately followed by a return to NCL with a Haven Class suite aboard the Breakaway.

There is nothing wrong with Princess ... we're even Platinum members with them - our honeymoon cruise was with Princess ... our vow renewal ceremony was with Princess ... in addition my brother and his wife were married aboard ... with Princess. But a family has to decide what is "right" for them for what they want from a cruise. For example, our last three cruises were aboard the Disney Fantasy, the first one being a B2B ... this despite being an "adult-only" holiday for us each time. We loved DCL and would go back in a heartbeat.

So I'd just recommend to posters to just go with what interests you ... and have fun :) . BTW alexmom, speaking about older Princess ships, our honeymoon (and first) cruise was aboard the Fair Princess. Talk about old - twin beds bolted to opposite sides of the stateroom - problematic plumbing knocking out bathrooms on entire decks - being sea-sick for the 1st day of the cruise - getting sick along with dozens others on the last day of the cruise which resulted in us being boarded by CDC upon return to port - and so forth. And yet here we are, still cruising after all those years and loving it ... planning another B2B for 2017. I have to say though once you've had a taste of the "newer" ships, it's difficult to go "back" ...

Welcome Home!

Glad that you had a great cruise.

Did you use the internet at all? Wondering if it is still as slow as molasses.

Thanks!

AM

We were in this sailing and purchased 100 minutes to try to FaceTime our kiddos....yes, the Internet was slow as molasses. We found much better connectivity and speed at Starbucks and Fat Tuesday's in Cozumel.