Christmas decorations mid December?

tinsoldier

Hi, we are booked on Britannia from 10th - 17th December 2016 in the Caribbean. Does anyone know if the ship will have Christmas decorations during this cruise or is it too early? Last time I was on a cruise at Christmas was December 1999 and we joined the ship on about 16th December and the decorations were already there.

Thanks

Brendan

Yes there will be though they seem to stagger it. We did 4th to 19th last year and the trees were up when we got on but the gingerbread houses in the buffet only appeared on the 18th.

Hi, we are booked on Britannia from 10th - 17th December 2016 in the Caribbean. Does anyone know if the ship will have Christmas decorations during this cruise or is it too early? Last time I was on a cruise at Christmas was December 1999 and we joined the ship on about 16th December and the decorations were already there.

Thanks

Brendan

Hi Brendan, we are also on this cruise and I am quite sure the Christmas decorations will be up from at least the 7th.December. Not only wil the ship decorations be up OURS will be too. Yes we also put our decorations on the outside of our cabin door and of course our decorations and little tree inside our cabin. Bring along your decorations with you. Christmas magnets are a good idea to place on the door and walls. See you in December.

Pat

Thanks

Brendan

Hi Brendan, we are also on this cruise and I am quite sure the Christmas decorations will be up from at least the 7th.December. Not only wil the ship decorations be up OURS will be too. Yes we also put our decorations on the outside of our cabin door and of course our decorations and little tree inside our cabin. Bring along your decorations with you. Christmas magnets are a good idea to place on the door and walls. See you in December.

Pat

We have done the pre-Xmas cruise for the last few years getting home 2 or 3 days before the 25th. I means I have to be very organised at home before I go, so Xmas for 15 takes place. When we board in Barbados the decorations are usually being added and more and more arrive each day, this has been the same no matter which ship, Ventura, Azura and last year Britannia.

Not sure if we will be able to make it this year but still hoping

When we did a Ventura Xmas cruise we joined on 17th Dec. There were no decorations or trees and our friends on the previous cruise were in the choir and could not sing carols as they were told it was not the Christmas cruise. By the 18th the ship was covered in decorations, the atrium tree was put up and the staff had their Santa hats. Seemed on that cruise at least that there was a clear cut off where Christmas started.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did the xmas/new year cruise on Oceana last year and a word of warning. We were told putting decorations on the outside of cabin doors was NOT ALLOWED for health and safety reasons. All that potentially flammable material in the corridors was not a good idea.