Early Flight from Magic - How It Went

Just a few answers from my experience on the Magic (Eastern Carib route).

ARRIVAL TO PORT

The itinerary says the ship arrives back to port at 8 am. We actually pulled in at 6:30 am. The breakfast buffet was open earlier because we finished eating at 6:30.

ALCOHOL PICKUP

Alcohol is no longer delivered to your room. If you check your alcohol, you receive a sheet of paper advising you to pick it up at a designated area starting at 6 am that morning. Either the Fun Times or something else had 5:30 so my hubby and a few others were there at 5:30 am. He was number 4 in line. He said by 5:45 the line was quite long. Get it out of the way ASAP if you have an early flight.

EARLY FLIGHT VS. FTTF

The day before, I went to Guest Services to report my early flight. Not sure if this was necessary but he did swipe my card. The Fun Times mentioned that I should receive an "early flight luggage tag" in my stateroom but I actually received the regular zoned tag. A service rep said the early flight luggage tag was not necessary; just meet in the theater at 7 am. We were there at 7 am; 7:30 was their target time to start releasing us. FTTF people sat on the left side and early flight people sat on the right. FTTF people were released first (and she checked their cards to make sure they were FTTF); that went quickly. Early flight people were let out right after them, which was about 10 minutes later. By the time we were completely off the ship and out on the street, it was 7:55. NOTE: DO NOT CHECK (meaning allowing them to take your bags that night) ANY BAGS, NOT EVEN ONE. If you check even one bag, you are not eligible to leave early. They won't know, but you won't get that bag. The lines were orderly and customs was a breeze.

SHUTTLES

I had forgotten that my shuttle didn't pick up until 9 so we wound up waiting an hour and standing there wishing we'd done more research. I saw a bunch of Mears buses right there at the door. They were pulling out with folks on them. Not sure how expensive they are but they were well organized. Also saw Cocoa Beach Shuttles leaving early. Make sure you ask your shuttle provider how early they can be there if you happen to get off early. There is no place to sit if you have to wait on your shuttle and it gets hot fast. The shuttle ride was about 35 minutes or so.

Edited by seventhwardhustler

• 1 month later...

Was it easy to carry your luggage out by yourself? We need to disembark early due to an early flight (12:11 p.m.) but I'm concerned about carrying our luggage out ourselves. Is there any stairs you have to go down?

Was it easy to carry your luggage out by yourself? We need to disembark early due to an early flight (12:11 p.m.) but I'm concerned about carrying our luggage out ourselves. Is there any stairs you have to go down?

Just as with embarkation day, elevators are mostly occupied with staff and crew moving checked bags. Be prepared to carry your luggage up/down stairs, if you self-assist. Depending on the deck you are on, it can be easy, or a pain. My thought is that if I have that much luggage, I don't need to be attempting self-assist.

No stairs while on the ship. However, once you get into the terminal, there is an escalator you have to go down. There are staff at the top who will help. I had my five year old and they brought her down because my hubby and I had our hands full. It was extremely easy if you have a piece to drag and a piece on your shoulder.

Just as with embarkation day, elevators are mostly occupied with staff and crew moving checked bags. Be prepared to carry your luggage up/down stairs, if you self-assist. Depending on the deck you are on, it can be easy, or a pain. My thought is that if I have that much luggage, I don't need to be attempting self-assist.

You do have to get your bags to the theater but we were able to use the elevators. It was early, elevators were available, and my five year old dragged hers. No problems. Get an early breakfast and get seated asap. I'm on my phone but I think I had my timeline in the original post.