NCL a la carte

mal&jason

Essentially it is my opinion that NCL is going a la carte. And you know what? I don't mind. I don't think this is nickel and diming (stupid phrase in my opinion as every cruise line has options for which you don't need to pay).

I get to pay for what I want, I get to choose not to pay for what I don't want. If I don't like the options, then I simply don't pay for them. Why is this so hard to understand?

I can choose specialty restaurants but you don't have to.

I can choose to bowl but don't really want that worked into my cruise fare.

I can choose to buy art or avoid the auction.

I can choose to buy w**** (hate to bring up THAT conversation again) or I can choose to use what's on board.

I can choose to stay in the Haven or I can choose an inside cabin.

I can choose a guarantee or I can choose to pick my room. I don't get both the discount and the luxury of room choice.

Anyway, I hope that we can move on from this same topic and start talking about why we, on the NCL board, enjoy our favorite cruise line as opposed to why we don't like it. I would never just go over to the Carnival board or the Celebrity board and state the 8 reasons I don't cruise the line. Isn't that really just taking up space on their boards and interfering with their enjoyment/research?

Maybe I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

Mallory

Essentially it is my opinion that NCL is going a la carte. And you know what? I don't mind. I don't think this is nickel and diming (stupid phrase in my opinion as every cruise line has options for which you don't need to pay).

I get to pay for what I want, I get to choose not to pay for what I don't want. If I don't like the options, then I simply don't pay for them. Why is this so hard to understand? ....

Mallory

But when you make a choice and make final payment based on that choice and then the rules for your choice change and you are not grandfathered in on the terms under which you made your choice, that is the complaint.

NCL has always been quite a la carte. In fact, if anything they are moving the other way by including things like the UBP and then increasing fares. That works for me as I would spend the money of drinks, but for those that don't they are in effect paying for something they don't use.

One of the attractions of NCL for us is that we can choose what bits we use and pay for. I think it is slightly less the case these days.