Spoiled for Life on the Norwegian Getaway 7/3-7/10/16

Ssutera

Thanks for the review. Was the flight to FFL instead of Miami international worth the savings ? I'm concerned that I won't make a noon flight back to the great white North as I won't be in the Haven.

Yes, for me it was. We flew JetBlue out of Newark. They do not go to Miami. Many of our friends that travel from NYC to Flordia said it was an easier airport to go through. We though so too

You can get off ship early plenty of transportation available to get to FLL from port.

Enjoyed the review as we have booked Haven in sept as a treat and it sounds like we won't be disappointed.

You will not be disappointed but may never want to cruise again without it! I know DH and I would not want to cruise any other way. Spoiled....lol

We had a family group vacation on that sailing, but not in the Haven... First cruise for some, others have been on too many to count. For my wife and I, 2nd cruise and first NCL/Caribbean. The cabins were nice, we had an MA mini-suite. Balcony smaller than the one we had on the Golden Princess to Alaska, but it's covered, so I would call it even.

Service was fine almost everywhere on ship - the exception being the salespeople in the jewelry etc area who were really pushy and annoying. The food was really good. Moderno twice, sushi bar, noodle bar, O'Sheehans, even the buffet (with one meal excepted). Bar service was fine, we took advantage of the UDP for sure.

The excursions we did were booked thru NCL, and those were fine. We had fun, saw some sights, got to swim with the dolphins & dive Cozumel, and got good value for our money (yeah I know we could have paid less, but that is beside the point).

For us, the ship itself was the major downside we encountered. Outside of our cabins, it seemed like everywhere we went we were elbow-to-elbow fighting crowds. It was damn near impossible to find a quiet(ish) area to relax, you had to walk over peoples' heads to reach the water if you wanted to hit the pools, and every sound system on the ship was turned up too loud (by just barely enough to make it noticeable as overdriven speakers...). We were ready for disembarkation, despite the good service and mostly enjoyable family time.

I suppose if you take a cruise anticipating a week-long party and Spring Break atmosphere, it'd be fine. If you want a little less noise and a little more relaxing, well obviously this wasn't the best choice. I would gladly go back to Roatan or Cozumel, or perhaps Belize other than Belize City, but only for a warm-water diving trip where that is the whole purpose. And I would get back on another Alaska cruise in a heartbeat, but only on a smaller ship. Mega-ships and climates where you feel like you've been slapped in the face with a hot wet towel, those I'll let others take...

Jim

Looking forward to reading the rest...I too am surprising my wife and kids with the Haven. ..but this time we are in a h3 ...I would have preferred the h4

can someone explain what the H3 or H4 difference is trying to get info. I'm taking it the H is for Haven.