Escape Supper club?

We're on the August 20th Escape cruise. Looking at entertainment, there's a Supper club reservation you can make for $35.34 for one of the nights of our cruise. This will be our 4th time on the Escape, so I know a little about that venue. They've had one of the after midnight singers, who was on Broadway doing a show in there once a week. Not sure if she's still on board. So, what are they wanting you to reserve? It doesn't tell you who or what show you'll be seeing( we know that changes frequently), or what the menu is. I assume it's the old 5 course menu from when they first started, although that was more expensive then. Do people really reserve this without any idea of what they're getting? Most of the shows in there are free now. It just doesn't tell you why this one is not. :confused:

Edited by CruisinHarvey

I agree it would be helpful to know. You might try looking at the most recent Dailies... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2358689 I had booked the Supper Club wanting to see the Frankie Vallie tribute for our Anniversary. Then I happened to be looking over the dailies and saw that on Thursdays (day of Anniversary) the Supper Club is NOT Frankie Vallie but Brenda Braxton. We're not interested in that so we cancelled. We'll just wing it when we're on board. Who knows if that tribute will even be there when we sail.

I agree it would be helpful to know. You might try looking at the most recent Dailies... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2358689 I had booked the Supper Club wanting to see the Frankie Vallie tribute for our Anniversary. Then I happened to be looking over the dailies and saw that on Thursdays (day of Anniversary) the Supper Club is NOT Frankie Vallie but Brenda Braxton. We're not interested in that so we cancelled. We'll just wing it when we're on board. Who knows if that tribute will even be there when we sail.

Frankie Vallie tribute is gone. There was an a cappella group when we last went in June.

Frankie Vallie tribute is gone. There was an a cappella group when we last went in June.

I heard that Vocal Overdrive, the a cappella group that temporarily headlined the theater when shows were transitioning, has moved into there. I truly hope that NCL wasn't charging $35 to see them.

I heard that Vocal Overdrive, the a cappella group that temporarily headlined the theater when shows were transitioning, has moved into there. I truly hope that NCL wasn't charging $35 to see them.

Yep. That's the guy's. They were in the Supper Club most nights, but the show was free. Some shows included dinner, others didn't. All were free though.

In June you could pay for the dinner show, the menu is different than when it was the Brat pack show. Or you can see the show for free with no dinner.

The whole idea of the supper club is evolving and the entertainers are changing regularly. I think you would be best waiting to book after you board. Maybe keep and idea of what night you might like to go and make the reservations when you know who or what you are seeing.

I have seen the dinner menu in some ones review and its didn't look great IMO. Try a search

Was this a Capella show worth seeing (especially for free)? And was it family friendly?

In June you could pay for the dinner show, the menu is different than when it was the Brat pack show. Or you can see the show for free with no dinner.

The whole idea of the supper club is evolving and the entertainers are changing regularly. I think you would be best waiting to book after you board. Maybe keep and idea of what night you might like to go and make the reservations when you know who or what you are seeing.

I have seen the dinner menu in some ones review and its didn't look great IMO. Try a search

It surely was family friendly. It was only about 45 minutes long. The singing was good and food was OK. It was entertaining enough, that I would find it hard to find something else to do for free, that was more enjoyable.