My P.O. America Review - 10/15/05 sailing

bankofdad

Bank of Dad

Just got back from POAm 10/22

Funny how we can all have such differences....though we did not have any of the problems you encountered ( with the exception of the girl with windex!! ha ha).....I appreciate all postings on this sight. It was here that i learned the size of my cabin so as not to be surprised, learned to book all specialty restaurants as soon as i boarded....(and took my little receipts with me ) as i did need it at one of the places. We were very lucky with all of our dinners...no long waits, and absolutely wonderful servers!!

Our room was always taken care of by Ricky...never forgot a chocolate at night. I have already read that there were some on my cruise that had many issues that we did not encounter. Everyone needs to read these and learn from them. Without ALL opinions, we would never be as prepared as we should be.

Happy cruising to everyone...dont be scared away from this beautiful ship..just be an informed passenger.;)

All of this info is what makes this board so valuable. I appreciate everyone's comments. Some of the things that bother some people probably won't bother me but there are other things I will mind. But at least I can take the info and be prepared. I can make the reservations when I board(if I can just figure out what I want). I can ask for a cleaner cabin if mine is not up to snuff. I think that is one of the main things that I have taken away from these discussions. If you need something ask; you may have to ask 3 times but it is better than stewing about it. I thank everyone who has taken the time to post after their trip maybe it extends the vacation a little.

I agree with everything penorment has said in this thread, and I look forward to perhaps meeting him and the 15 other members of his party on the POAM come 12/24.:)

Thank you Bankofdad for taking the time to write a very good review of your cruise and I beleive that we all need to go into our cruise with open eyes and a clear mind from the Bad reviews that came out when the POAM started cruising, after all there will always be teething troubles which need to be Ironed out and you can never please all the people all of the time especially the ones that seem to live to moan.;)

Roll on 12/24.

stephen

Bank of Dad

Just got back from POAm 10/22

Happy cruising to everyone...dont be scared away from this beautiful ship..just be an informed passenger.;)

I couldn't agree more:) ! I'm glad you had a great cruise, and hope that everyone else does too:D.

BankofDad - So sorry you didn't have the fabulous time you wanted! Thanks in large part to you, we had an amazing POAloha cruise last week. In fact, you probably watched us mulling around at Aloha Tower and boarding the ship from your hotel balcony on Sunday. I should have waved! :D

Can't wait to read your review on the Pride of Hawaii...(you HAVE to book, you know....too many of us have come to rely on you for Hawaii cruise tips!).

Quincella

BankofDad - So sorry you didn't have the fabulous time you wanted! Thanks in large part to you, we had an amazing POAloha cruise last week. In fact, you probably watched us mulling around at Aloha Tower and boarding the ship from your hotel balcony on Sunday. I should have waved! :D

Can't wait to read your review on the Pride of Hawaii...(you HAVE to book, you know....too many of us have come to rely on you for Hawaii cruise tips!).

Quincella

Hi Quincella!

Welcome back! Glad you had a great time on POAl and in Hawaii. I have very fond memories of that trip as well. I also look forward to hearing how your trip on Carnival Pride cruise through the Mex Riv goes! That's one that's still in the near future for us.

Archived