Experiences with MyTime Dining (specifically on Freedom)

caitmac1

Hi guys!

One of the members of the group I've put together for my fall/winter cruise would like to try MyTime dining. I wanted to find out what people's experiences with wait time were and how it worked overall with the Freedom.

We will be a party of four (although can we split up and go as two parties of two if people want to eat at different times with MyTime?).

I know from reading on here that they give you a pager and you may have to wait at peak times- what are those peak times, and how long have people experienced the waits being?

Thanks y'all! :)

We waited 10-20 minutes one night on freedom last year around 6:45 I believe. Other nights no wait. It really just depends how many any time dining and assigned dining people there are.

We prefer the assigned time but the any time dining wasn't a bad option. Some of the two person tables, however, felt extremely close to other tables. Like one foot of room to get into table because it's so close to another table. Not sure if this is just tables in the back or just on conquest class ships or what but a bigger guy couldn't get into their table...

I always do YTD. My last cruise was on the Freedom. YTD is in the forward dining room off the Lobby.

You check in for YTD under your cabin number, so if the 4 of you are in 2 different cabins there is not problem going at different times, not sure about if you are in the same cabin.

As far as peak times, it varies on which night. Formal nights peak time is from opening until around 8ish. On other nights it gets full around 7, so you might have to wait. I've probably done YTD a dozen times at least and I've only ever had a pager 2 times and the wait was less than 10 minutes. We usually go around 6:15 and the opening line has cleared and we are generally seated immediately.

Just got off Freedom and we did your time dinning. Usually we were at dinner by 6:15 with no wait. Formal night was busy. We went early but when we left there was a really long line. So it just depends on how many people are in the Dinning room already when you show up.