Diamond and upgrade.

jsscuba2

Just turned Diamond and I know one of the perks is a free upgrade. Lets say I

pay $700. For an ocean view and the get upgraded to balcony and the price of the ocean view goes down to $600. Would I receive credit for the price difference.

I wouldn't think so, unless the price of the balcony dropped below the price you originally paid, which is highly unlikely.

We used our one time perk to add a 3rd person to our room for free.

Got diamond a couple of months ago. While onboard that cruise I booked a future cruise in category 6A. When I got home, I called the diamond desk and had the reservation upgraded to a 8E. I was told by them that although I was confirmed in a 8E, the fare was based on a 6A and that if the price for a 6A goes down I can get a price adjustment.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I am Diamond also. You need to book only an OV to get the free upgrade to a balcony and yes if your fare goes down on the OV your final payment will reflect the reduced OV fare....you need to notify your PVP and tell them if the fare goes down. Welcome to Diamond, the perks are wonderful!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Jamman, on some ships you arent allowed to bring a guest to the Diamond reception, social or luncheon. Call and ask once your wife makes Diamond before you book and dont assume you will be able to attend. Yes it has happened many times before on different ships. Its crazy, right? Youre on the same ship in the same cabin! It happened on the Imagination and the Breeze, then we did a B2B on the Triumph earlier this year and we could bring a guest both segments.

Sorry quick, thats above my pay grade LOL.....call your PVP or the Diamond desk, they will know. If you are married, you each get either a free upgrade or free third guest. I would think you can do both but best to find out from CCL.

Jamman, on some ships you arent allowed to bring a guest to the Diamond reception, social or luncheon. Call and ask once your wife makes Diamond before you book and dont assume you will be able to attend. Yes it has happened many times before on different ships. Its crazy, right? Youre on the same ship in the same cabin! It happened on the Imagination and the Breeze, then we did a B2B on the Triumph earlier this year and we could bring a guest both segments.

I have been Diamond for a few years. My wife didn't start cruising until our Honeymoon, so she's trying to catch up to me! :D My wife has been with me at every Diamond event. Sometimes the invitation said "and guest", but even when it didn't, when I called down to GS to RSVP they would ask me if my wife was attending. One time they insisted that I bring my son too! :)