Opinions on best PORT OF CALL books...?

CatskillsMom

DH and I have Frommers, and we've always found it helpful. You can't beat the info on this board, but the advantage of having a good book is that if you're on the ship and one of your ports gets changed, you can check out the new place in the book without having to spend $$$ for internet time. Plus, if you're like me and like some good get-you-in-the-mood-to-cruise bathroom reading :eek: then you simply need a book. The ol' laptop just doesn't cut it. :eek: :D

Maybe we should start a poll... how many folks will take their laptop in for "reading time".... :D :D

I purchased both Frommer's and Fodor's as I was planning this cruise. I opened Fodor's once. Frommer's has a wealth of information. As another poster said, the Ports of Call boards are wonderful. I have used both and feel that I have a better idea about the islands that if I had used only one reference. That's why high school teachers and college professors insist that their students cite several different reference sources.

Archived