Can we use Starbucks E-card (phone scan) onboard Oasis of the Seas

Once you visit 30 times in a year (or something like that) with a registered account, you are given a "gold" card that supposedly has special perks. It is, for all intents and purposes, a gift card to be kept and reloaded. Most people don't carry the physical card but instead use the scan code from a phone app.

Thanks Chris.

Speaking of the phone app, people have also reported the phone app works on Oasis class too.

The gold card is basically a custom gift.

Think when it comes to the gold card non of the perks would apply. Key ones being free refills on brewed coffee and tea, plus being able to redeem for a free beverage.

Added:

The loyalty program in itself is just having a funded gift card tied to yourself and using it for all purchases.

Also, points/stars are now driven at purchase price level.

Edited by chandom

It's a confusing situation. Freedom's Cafe Promenade uses Starbucks coffee beans, but since it's not a Starbucks venue (it's Cafe Promenade), the beverage packages can be used there.

Interesting. In July, beverages were served in Starbucks cups and it looked like a pretty complete Starbucks menu, too - lots of the froofy frozen drinks.

(Not a coffee drinker and, if spending money, I went for ice cream instead. :D)

I just got home from the fabulous Anthem of the Seas. You CANNOT use your Starbucks account in any fashion on board. They use the SB products, but selection is very limited and when I asked if I could use my card they said no because they were not a SB store.

I've been on the Allure twice and have always used my Stsrbucks card or app. You cannot, however redeem a free drink. You can only put points towards.

Good to know! I was considering banking free drinks (but I think the offer only lasts for 30 days, right?)

Interesting. In July, beverages were served in Starbucks cups and it looked like a pretty complete Starbucks menu, too - lots of the froofy frozen drinks.

(Not a coffee drinker and, if spending money, I went for ice cream instead. :D)

So am I understanding correctly, if I buy the package for all non alcoholic drinks on the Oasis, I can use it at the Café Promenade.... and they have frozen coffee drinks and iced Passion Tea comparable to Starbucks?

I'm too lazy, so I'd probably just use my Seapass, but do you actually earn stars at the onboard Starbucks? I guess with the new system they just track dollars spent, but I had always assumed the Starbucks was totally out of the network.

Wonder how it works if you have an other than US card? The cards, and presumably the app, only work in the currency of purchase (supposedly, at least). It would be about right to be on a UK origin cruise with a UK card/app and not be able to use it on a dollar-based cruise line...

My Starbucks account is funded in Canadian dollars.

When I've used it in the States, they do the CAD to USD conversion and debit my account accordingly.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

And yes you do get Starbucks reward stars for purchases. But it has to be An actual Starbucks kiosk/store not the "we carry Starbucks stuff" on the promenade.

Only the Oasis class ships have the Kiosks.

Starbucks.jpg

Edited by csnarpy

Do the drink packages with the specialty coffee component count for Starbucks? (Just booked my first cruise on the Allure)

No, there is no beverage package that covers the beverages at the Starbucks venue on Oasis and Allure. However, you can get specialty coffees and teas using the Replenish and Ultimate packages at Cafe Promenade, Park Cafe, and restaurants.

No, there is no beverage package that covers the beverages at the Starbucks venue on Oasis and Allure. However, you can get specialty coffees and teas using the Replenish and Ultimate packages at Cafe Promenade, Park Cafe, and restaurants.

Thank you. I figured it was too good to be true.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So am I understanding correctly, if I buy the package for all non alcoholic drinks on the Oasis, I can use it at the Café Promenade.... and they have frozen coffee drinks and iced Passion Tea comparable to Starbucks?

We had the Replenish package on the oasis in Feb 2016 and we loved it. We were able to get anything on the menu (except those with alcohol). We even got expresso with a extra shot. Frozen too. Hot chocolate.

The coffee bar is the one for the ship --- not the Starbucks kiosk.

We enjoyed it so much we bought the same package for Freedom last month.

We had the Replenish package on the oasis in Feb 2016 and we loved it. We were able to get anything on the menu (except those with alcohol). We even got expresso with a extra shot. Frozen too. Hot chocolate.

The coffee bar is the one for the ship --- not the Starbucks kiosk.

We enjoyed it so much we bought the same package for Freedom last month.

I've been thinking about getting the RR package. Did you ask for virgin cocktails? I'm wondering if bartenders will give me weird looks.

I've been thinking about getting the RR package. Did you ask for virgin cocktails? I'm wondering if bartenders will give me weird looks.

Not at all, many use the Replenish package for non-alcoholic cocktails.

Yes. I got strawberry smoothies at the pool bar on Freedom. And frozen mudslides on oasis and Freedom. The trick to frozen drinks is finding which bar has a blender.

I had a virgin Labadoozie on Labadee. I got virgin bloody Mary's nearly every day

I think the bars are accustomed to the package and don't bat an eyelash about virgin drinks. No strange looks. Easy peasy on both ships!

Yes. I got strawberry smoothies at the pool bar on Freedom. And frozen mudslides on oasis and Freedom. The trick to frozen drinks is finding which bar has a blender.

I had a virgin Labadoozie on Labadee. I got virgin bloody Mary's nearly every day

I think the bars are accustomed to the package and don't bat an eyelash about virgin drinks. No strange looks. Easy peasy on both ships!

Oh! Bloody Mary!!! Yes, please! [emoji1327]