Any difference between Deck 9 & 10 Aft Balconies on Breakaway?

cidymom

I read that the aft balconies on Decks 9 & 10 are the biggest on the Breakaway. Is there a difference between the two decks? Does it matter which deck or are both the same except one is higher? Do you get a good view of the Statue of Liberty when sailing out of NYC? Thanks all in advance for your help.

Deck 9 will have deeper balconies than Deck 10, and are among the most sought-after aft balconies on the ship.

We were on 12 (also very big balconies) and had a great view of NYC during sailaway, including Lady Liberty.

I would assume the difference in views between 9 and 10 would be negligible. If it were me, I'd pick 9.

Thank you for your replies. As I've never cruised with NCL before, I now have another question. If the Deck 9 aft-facing balconies are deeper, will people above in the higher decks be able to see you in your Deck 9 balcony because it looks tiered. Also, as Deck 9 is above the Deck 8 Waterfront area, would the goings on from the general public be an issue? Thanks again for your insight.

On the aft-facing decks, the only way that people above can see you is if you are at or leaning over the railing. If you are sitting in your lounger, you will be covered.

Here is 9318...

P1030573.JPG

...as you can see, it is deep and private from above. Your next door neighbors can peek over but that is true with most balconies.

As for the Waterfront, the awning will shield you from them or them from you for the most part.