Group booking questions?

itzkelly

Hi, I recently created a group booking for a cruise with friends next April. When speaking to the Carnival group booking agent, she said we had 14 days to get at least 8 cabins booked (everyone is responsible for booking their own) in order to keep the group booking status. I'm guessing we can meet this number, and likely even more than that, but with this being my first time organizing a group for a cruise, I wasn't sure exactly what else I could ask for re: perk requests, if any? I understand for every 8 cabins, I get one free berth (which I'd rather split up and give as OBC to each cabin vs. keeping it myself). I did a search here and saw that some other groups were able to get champagne and/or chocolates in each of the room... was this done by Carnival or a private TA?

The carnival agent told me the cruise we are on is worth 2 amenity points (?), and that each cabin would get $60 OBC up front. I was looking at the contract sent to me, and don't see this OBC written anywhere, nor mention of amenity points and what that is even used towards?

Any advice on what I should look for to be ON the contract, and possibly what I can ask for re: perks from those who have booked groups before would be MUCH appreciated! The large print on top of the contract saying I have 10 days to dispute anything listed on there is making me want to ensure what was told to me over the phone is in fact what we are getting with our group. And I do understand just because we are booking as a group doesn't mean the perks are galore. ;)

Thanks for your help!

• 3 weeks later...