Final Balance - No Reminders

Have never received any emails (or any other emails for that matter) reminding us that the final balance is due for our cruise in October.

Fortunately I know this is due on Thursday but how many people have forgotten?

I also have two low deposit balances to pay for next year which are due next week but have not been flagged up.

Anybody else not been reminded?

We have been booking package holidays and cruises with Thomson for several years. We have never had a reminder. They always put a final balance payment date on the paperwork so I put it on the calendar or I would miss it. If it's the next year I write it on the cardboard at the back of the calendar where it gives the next year ! Maybe it's an age thing !!

Hi dorlor

Always in my diary (too many days spent behind a desk. Pen and paper always best).

Been cruising with Thomson since 1989 so well-versed in their drill.;) TAs used to send reminders then stopped. Have been booking on line for several years now and always had reminders. Normally receive one two weeks before due date, then second a week before.

Wouldn't mind but they extended the payment time to 12 weeks. Once upon a time it was 10 weeks to TA or 8 direct to Thomson then they changed it to 10 weeks and now 12 weeks. Soon they will be wanting full payment on booking.:eek:

Just a casual enquiry to see if anyone had received, or not.:)

Hi campolady

Pleased to see I am not the only one. Thought it was one of those things where a letter would suddenly appear telling me the balance was due but they couldn't send me an email because my address was wrong, which is what happened for one of our previous cruises. Needless to say, address was correct and I see others are still receiving similar letters.

Happy to see you and hubby are managing to get some cruises in now that his health has improved. I trust all is well and you are both adapting and enjoying life and will get some more cruises under your belts.:)

We received an email final balance reminder about ten days ago reference a cruise in October.

Likewise our travelling buddies who are on a "stay and cruise" hotel deal before joining us.

We both booked online - is that relevant ?

Shock, horror - Thomsons procedures appear to be erratic and inconsistent - not exactly breaking news !!! :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

When I get my invoice I write important dates like when to pay what in my diary, and put my own reminder in the diary for the week before. I knew our final balance for October was due the day we were coming home from York, so went in to pay it before going away so I wouldn't have it to worry about.

Waiting for the plane seats to open up to bookings, expect it to be 16th Aug, so will pop into the API and check it from now till it opens. Not expecting e-mails for that either.

Gill