Booking through NextCruise Question

We are taking a quick 4 day cruise this fall. Instead of booking through our Travel Agent, she suggested booking our 2017 adventures through NextCruise.

Our question. We do not want any additional OBC for the cruise we are on when we make the reservations this fall (we have plenty and it is only a 4 day cruise). We want to apply all of the booking OBC to one of our 2017 cruises only. Is this possible?

We are taking a quick 4 day cruise this fall. Instead of booking through our Travel Agent, she suggested booking our 2017 adventures through NextCruise.

Our question. We do not want any additional OBC for the cruise we are on when we make the reservations this fall (we have plenty and it is only a 4 day cruise). We want to apply all of the booking OBC to one of our 2017 cruises only. Is this possible?

Yes, just tell the Next Cruise person that you want the OBC on the future cruise. Also examine the booking confirmation you will get and ensure you see the OBC listed there.

Yes, just tell the Next Cruise person that you want the OBC on the future cruise. Also examine the booking confirmation you will get and ensure you see the OBC listed there.

And then transfer the booking to your t/a to get their perks! Double dipping, oh ya!!

And then transfer the booking to your t/a to get their perks! Double dipping, oh ya!!

They would normally book the cruise with the TA used for the current cruise, so if that is not desired, it's important to tell the Next Cruise person up front.

Why would a TA want you to transfer a reservation that is already complete. What is in it for the TA and what are the benefits to the customer?

Because the TA still gets the benefits/commission. Unfortunately, we don't get any monetary benefits from our TA in Australia but he looks after us very well and I would like to keep it that way:)

Cheers

Di

I have contaced a few TA regarding doing this and had horrible responses.

We are looking at two inside rooms (i know lower category) and the emails i have had back so far have been like I'm asking them to do me a favour by even looking at my booking.

The best offer I've had is $80 OBC and when i asked about them keeping on top of price drops i was told forget it they did not do this.

Between my sister in laws and us on our last four cruise we have saved over $5000 by ringing the cruise lines directly when prices dropped - either in price reductions, upgrades, OBC or drink packages.

So I have to say i am not sold on TA's

I have contaced a few TA regarding doing this and had horrible responses.

We are looking at two inside rooms (i know lower category) and the emails i have had back so far have been like I'm asking them to do me a favour by even looking at my booking.

The best offer I've had is $80 OBC and when i asked about them keeping on top of price drops i was told forget it they did not do this.

Between my sister in laws and us on our last four cruise we have saved over $5000 by ringing the cruise lines directly when prices dropped - either in price reductions, upgrades, OBC or drink packages.

So I have to say i am not sold on TA's

American TAs are very different to Australian TAs

Edit: sorry I assumed you are in Melbourne Australia, if that's not the case then disregard! Lol

Edited by BekkaW