L-shaped room review - Breeze

debwats

I know there is much curiosity about these rooms, so I thought I would share my experience. We stayed in cabin 8462 in June.

First of all, I must tell you that I am a balcony gal. I love, love, love to hang out on a balcony, just watching the gorgeous blue water. I spend a LOT of time there, relaxing, reading, people-watching in port, etc.

So it's no surprise that I absolutely fell in love with the extended balcony that came with this cabin. It had a lounger, two chairs, a table, and room to spare. How did I miss my chance to take a nap in that lounger?

Our room was next to one of the aft extended balconies, and I noticed that our balcony was MUCH shadier than the aft extended balcony. I would not have enjoyed that balcony as much as I did ours. Just my personal preference, since I am not a fan of baking in the sun. I've always been curious about aft cabins, but I don't think I would enjoy one on a sun-filled itinerary. Maybe Alaska.....

As for the cons...this room was TIGHT. It had the usual desk and closet space, but almost all of the floor space was taken up by the bed. To access the bathroom, we had to negotiate a narrow walkway between the foot of the bed and the wall. And, there was no couch. Neither of these things were a big deal to us. We were fine with lounging on the bed to watch TV, or sit on the balcony. And, it was nice to have the bed facing the window, and wake up to a beautiful view!

All in all, we loved the room, and would 25794372fdd4d492bfd1b29e9b4d50af.jpg2dd1986b581de96843a0eb0d5ac67ba1.jpg1f50312beb10a4e2d0113eed181b4225.jpg89ffedfc47152fc1f9e43253b155e015.jpgfa57400b77982c77983f4b07762befd1.jpgdefinitely book another one!

Looking forward to another voyage on the Breeze in a couple of weeks, in our first cove balcony cabin!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I second the price ? ..same as a balcony room?? What is the categoy...

Thank you so much for the effort....I can see for the right solo or couple..what a dream deal...I loved the facing of the sea..the using it as you did..and agree with the shade...I am so fair ..about as fair as you can get w/o being albino and found the Caribbean sun (on only cruise there so far boo hoo) even worse than Hawaii,,,...lol...thank you!!!

Edited by sjn911

Thanks for the review and the pics. We had this room booked for a future cruise, but we decided to change to a different floor/location. I think I would still like to try this cabin sometime in the future.

We had the same room last year on the Dream, but my Sister & BIL had the Wrap-around Balcony. We were able to open the divider which made for a super large balcony that we shared. I agree that the room was a little tight, but the only problem was our door lock had to be serviced several time to install new batteries. Nothing worse than getting to your room after a long day & not be able to get inside. Thankfully my sister would be with me & I would go through her room to my Balcony door (which I kept unlocked) to get inside my on room. Should have heard maintenance question me about how I got into my room when I said I came in the Balcony door :). They thought I had climbed over the partition! Only met our room Steward 1 time and that was at the end of the cruise. We did not tip him and he, in turn, charged my sister for Bathrobes, Towels & Books. Mind you, there were never any Bathrobes in her Room.

Unless we're on a special cruise (or the old Destiny!:), two in an L shaped and 2 in aft wraps), we always book the L shaped cabins (that's 8 L shaped cabins for us!). Have one on our upcoming Glory cruise. They're perfect for us as we are balcony lovers. On our Alaska cruise in 2017, we've booked the wrap aft suite, but only because it's a once in a lifetime cruise and we want to see everything.

Some have had a sofa, but those were fewer. Our favorites were the old Destiny - and probably the current Sunshine because I don't believe they changed the cabins, and the Triumph, our first. So glad to see they've been included in the newer ships which we still hope to try.

Edited by patrice1

We have done two "L" shaped cabins (Sunshine and Glory). The cabins are also known as cabins with Bowling Alley balconies. The price is the same as other balcony cabins in that area or class. The cons are: 1. the cabin is tight as stated by the OP. 2. The cabin is typically next to a wrap around balcony cabin or Ocean Suite. We had one neighbor that made the wrap around cabin/balcony the meeting place for their friends and families due to their larger room and balcony. This became annoying and less relaxing than we had hoped. 3. The reason for the "L" shape is due to the cabin being next to employee stairs. You do hear employees walk up and down the stairs on occasion, but it is only really noticeable when there are multiple employees talking as they use the stairs. Please note that these stairs are used by the employees day and night.

Overall we enjoyed these types of cabins because of the larger balcony and will consider booking them on our next cruise if they are available.

I have an L-shaped booked for our upcoming Christmas Cruise on the Breeze. I can't wait to enjoy the balcony.

I picked one of the upper deck rooms (6499) as these are the only ones with two windows. So keep this in mind if you want as much light and view into the room :)

For the ones who wants to book one of these rooms it will show up under balcony rooms as "Large balcony" with the same price as the regular balcony rooms.

Unfortunately on Vista they do not offer the L-shaped for the same price as the regular.

I know there is much curiosity about these rooms, so I thought I would share my experience. We stayed in cabin 8462 in June.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks for sharing these photos and experience, we have two of these booked for a short Bahamas cruise in August - we have a 3 year old with us so the idea of opening them up for an extra long space appealed.

Looking forward to it even more now having seen the pics....

I have an L-shaped booked for our upcoming Christmas Cruise on the Breeze. I can't wait to enjoy the balcony.

I picked one of the upper deck rooms (6499) as these are the only ones with two windows. So keep this in mind if you want as much light and view into the room :)

For the ones who wants to book one of these rooms it will show up under balcony rooms as "Large balcony" with the same price as the regular balcony rooms.

Unfortunately on Vista they do not offer the L-shaped for the same price as the regular.

Yes I noticed this also, guess they figured they were a hot commodity and first to sell, so decided to capitalize on that, lol. We have had 3 so far and enjoyed them since it is only the two of us. We have always been on deck 7 with 1 large window, have one booked on the Magic in November on deck 6 with 2 large windows. Curious if we will enjoy that one more, but just being on a cruise at all is a blessing!

LOVE these L-shaped cabins. Had my first one a couple years ago on Breeze and have another booked in Sept on Valor. The room is tight, but it's manageable, and I'll easily give up some indoor space for a larger balcony!

Yes I noticed this also, guess they figured they were a hot commodity and first to sell, so decided to capitalize on that, lol. We have had 3 so far and enjoyed them since it is only the two of us. We have always been on deck 7 with 1 large window, have one booked on the Magic in November on deck 6 with 2 large windows. Curious if we will enjoy that one more, but just being on a cruise at all is a blessing!

Oh yes - it's really first world problems to have a room with one or two big windows LOL ;) I'm sure it doesn't really matter.

Have a wonderful cruise in November :)

• 6 months later...

I had cabin 8469 reserved up until this past Sunday, my friend is a TA and was able to get us on the Breeze for a ship inspection. I got to see this room type on deck 7. I did not like the size of the room, I felt claustrophobic. The balcony is pretty big though. But I like to have a little more room space. This will be my husbands first cruise, so I gotta get him sold. I changed to a cove balcony.

We had the same room last year on the Dream, but my Sister & BIL had the Wrap-around Balcony. We were able to open the divider which made for a super large balcony that we shared. I agree that the room was a little tight, but the only problem was our door lock had to be serviced several time to install new batteries. Nothing worse than getting to your room after a long day & not be able to get inside. Thankfully my sister would be with me & I would go through her room to my Balcony door (which I kept unlocked) to get inside my on room. Should have heard maintenance question me about how I got into my room when I said I came in the Balcony door :). They thought I had climbed over the partition! Only met our room Steward 1 time and that was at the end of the cruise. We did not tip him and he, in turn, charged my sister for Bathrobes, Towels & Books. Mind you, there were never any Bathrobes in her Room.

Charged for bathrobes, books? I assume the blue beach towel?

We were on the Breeze last weekend in 7455. I loved it. We slept with our door and window curtains open and it was so nice to have the sea view from our bed. It is a little tight but I also liked having the chair and ottoman instead of the couch. We usually just throw stuff all over the couch because they aren't very comfy but the chair was actually nice to sit in. There was some vibration when docking but if it woke me I usually went back to sleep pretty easily.

I had cabin 8469 reserved up until this past Sunday, my friend is a TA and was able to get us on the Breeze for a ship inspection. I got to see this room type on deck 7. I did not like the size of the room, I felt claustrophobic. The balcony is pretty big though. But I like to have a little more room space. This will be my husbands first cruise, so I gotta get him sold. I changed to a cove balcony.

Are you on the April 9 sailing? I am and just saw the other day that 8469 became available :)