What To Do In Costa Maya

cds62

And there is definitely a full menu here......you don't have to do the lunch options that are listed on the website (lobster, shrimp, tacos, etc...)?

We leave in 3 weeks and I'm trying to get my ducks in a row (thought they were in a row when we were going to Cozumel....but what can you do!).

Michelle

And there is definitely a full menu here......you don't have to do the lunch options that are listed on the website (lobster, shrimp, tacos, etc...)?

We leave in 3 weeks and I'm trying to get my ducks in a row (thought they were in a row when we were going to Cozumel....but what can you do!).

Michelle

Yup! There is a great menu!! I am trying to get a copy of it... will post it here when I do!!!!!

We booked this trip today. The message stated that we'd be getting a confirmation email. Do you know how long yours took to come? We haven't gotten anything yet.

Michelle

I waited a few days, when I didn't see the confirmation e-mail, I e-mail them about it. The very next day I received my confirmation e-mail.

We booked this trip today. The message stated that we'd be getting a confirmation email. Do you know how long yours took to come? We haven't gotten anything yet.

Michelle

The first confirmation came within a couple of hours... then you are requested to fill out your information, and give info for your 20% deposit... then you will receive another confirmation, which I received the next morning. It was all so easy :D

Check your spam folder though... most people in our group didn't check there and thought they didn't receive it.

Hello...

I am new to this thread.

I have a lot of Questions so please... HELP!!!

Here is all the messy details about our group

& we especially need help in Costa Maya...

I am going to be on the Dec 11-18th, 2005 Cruise aboard the Valor with my husband!

I am Amy(almost 33) and my husband's name is Jack(46)---We are also posted in the Carnival Valor's ROLL CALL for these dates!

OUR GROUP~ It will be my 5th cruise with Carnival (Also been on the Glory, the Conquest, The Legend, and the old Jubilee years ago...)

...but I am bringing along 19 other people who are all first timers! Including a few neighbors! Our group is spread between the ages of 28 and 63 years old (Most are in their 30's and 40's though ~ most are couples...but 2 are single guys... that are looking to meet other single people to hang with~ girls are you out there?!)...Some of us are From Utah and some from Washington State! (One couple is also bringing their 16 year old son.)

ITENERARY CHANGES~ With all the changes in the itenerary because of the switches in schedule due to Cozumel and reroutes.... & what days we would be where...after what Hurricane Wilma did...I was getting stressed out!:(

...Because we had booked private excursions!

Fortunatly everyone doing our tours was accomidating to the new schedule and now I hope we are almost set to go.

Four more Weeks!!!!! I am so excited! But I am still sad about Cozumel...I loved that little paradise!:(

EXCURSIONS~

THIS IS WHAT WE FOUND FOR EXCUERSIONS-Does anyone know if these are good prices--or are we over paying????

We have never booked our own excursions before...we always went throught the ship (I know...dumb) but I am getting braver (and cheaper)...if you know what I mean!....

IN Grand Cayman (Tues DEC 13) we booked a private excursion with a charter company that is going to take us to feed and swim with the Stingrays, then after to Snorkel off the boat in Coral Gardens and then drop us off at 7 mile beach (we will take taxi's back when we are ready to go)...for around $30 a person...is this good?

In Isla Roatan(Wed DEC 14)...we found a taxi company that would meet us at the peir with 2 new A/C 15 passenger vans.....They'll take us to West Bay Beach and let us play there for the day...stopping in the Village at West End to shop for a few minutes and then back to the ship for $15 a person????

In Belize (Thurs DEC 15) for $60 a person we found a private boat that will take JUST our small group (His new boat seats 50 and there is only 20 or so of us going)...for as long as we want(up to 6 hours.... at Goff's Caye) and he is bringing snacks and pop...we are bringing our own snorkels and are going to snorkel right off the beach, then he will drop us back off directly at the ship. Is this good??? It seemed like a lot.. but I wasn't sure because it was more private and longer???

In Costa Maya~(Fri- Dec 16, 2005)....we haven't decided what to do...I have never been here before and would really like suggestions...all the boards keep talking about a place named Mahahual (fishing village) ...Also I found out there is a little private resort around 4 miles south of the fishing village called Balamku...which is owned by a couple of Canadians...Do they host groups to their private Beach and resteraunt for the day????Has anyone been here???...I emailed them but have not heard from them at all???....but they run their whole "bio friendly" inn by solar power... so maybe they don't check their email very often....or don't have access to a computer daily? Also...There is a beach that the "Uni-MOGS" 4 wheel to that is supposed to be beautiful & more private than the one in Majahaul....What is the name of that beach and can we get there some other way????....and spend the day there?

Also I have one couple in our group that wants to see the ruins instead of going to a beach that day...WHICH ruins are the best at this port?

Is there good snorkeling anywhere??? Coral and fish not far from any beach in Costa Maya??? How much money should we bring here???~Help!

Thanks,

AMY

928250895_Umbrellasmallversion.jpg.d1021bd94e19f09d72039e6573007671.jpg

Hello...

I am new to this thread.

I am going to be on the Dec 11-18th, 2005 Cruise aboard the Valor with my husband!

I am Amy(almost 33) and my husband's name is Jack(46)---We are also posted in the Carnival Valor's ROLL CALL for these dates!

OUR GROUP~ It will be my 5th cruise with Carnival (Also been on the Glory, the Conquest, The Legend, and the old Jubilee years ago...)

...but I am bringing along 19 other people who are all first timers! Including a few neighbors! Our group is spread between the ages of 28 and 63 years old (Most are in their 30's and 40's though ~ most are couples...but 2 are single guys... that are looking to meet other single people to hang with~ girls are you out there?!)...Some of us are From Utah and some from Washington State! (One couple is also bringing their 16 year old son.)

ITENERARY CHANGES~ With all the changes in the itenerary because of the switches in schedule due to Cozumel and reroutes.... & what days we would be where...after what Hurricane Wilma did...I was getting stressed out!:(

Fortunatly everyone doing our tours was accomidating to the new schedule and now I hope we are almost set to go.

Four more Weeks!!!!! I am so excited! But I am still sad about Cozumel...I loved that little paradise!:(

EXCURSIONS~

THIS IS WHAT WE FOUND FOR EXCUERSIONS-Does anyone know if these are good prices--or are we over paying????

We have never booked our own excursions before...we always went throught the ship (I know...dumb) but I am getting braver (and cheaper)...if you know what I mean!....

IN Grand Cayman (Tues DEC 13) we booked a private excursion with a charter company that is going to take us to feed and swim with the Stingrays, then after to Snorkel off the boat in Coral Gardens and then drop us off at 7 mile beach (we will take taxi's back when we are ready to go)...for around $30 a person...is this good?

In Isla Roatan(Wed DEC 14)...we found a taxi company that would meet us at the peir with 2 new A/C 15 passenger vans.....They'll take us to West Bay Beach and let us play there for the day...stopping in the Village at West End to shop for a few minutes and then back to the ship for $15 a person????

In Belize (Thurs DEC 15) for $60 a person we found a private boat that will take JUST our small group (His new boat seats 50 and there is only 20 or so of us going)...for as long as we want(up to 6 hours.... at Goff's Caye) and he is bringing snacks and pop...we are bringing our own snorkels and are going to snorkel right off the beach, then he will drop us back off directly at the ship. Is this good??? It seemed like a lot.. but I wasn't sure because it was more private and longer???

In Costa Maya~(Fri- Dec 16, 2005)....we haven't decided what to do...I have never been here before and would really like suggestions...all the boards keep talking about a place named Mahahual (fishing village) ...Also I found out there is a little private resort around 4 miles south of the fishing village called Balamku...which is owned by a couple of Canadians...Do they host groups to their private Beach and resteraunt for the day????Has anyone been here???...I emailed them but have not heard from them at all???....but they run their whole "bio friendly" inn by solar power... so maybe they don't check their email very often....or don't have access to a computer daily? Also...There is a beach that the "Uni-MOGS" 4 wheel to that is supposed to be beautiful & more private than the one in Majahaul....What is the name of that beach and can we get there some other way????....and spend the day there?

Also I have one couple in our group that wants to see the ruins instead of going to a beach that day...WHICH ruins are the best at this port?

Is there good snorkeling anywhere??? Coral and fish not far from any beach in Costa Maya??? How much money should we bring here???~Help!

Thanks,

AMY

Sorry for your being in charge of this. You have 21 people going on a cruise and it seems from what you say there are more than a few first timers. Ages 16 to 63. You' re also booking with independents and relying on them to make your shore tours come off as planned, and this is the first time you have done this? No offense...good luck. Remember, the ship leaves at what time? If you are there or not. And you have no recoarse with the cruise line.

To try to help

Since you are new to this site try this. Go to the boards and check the area with threads that people talk about where they have been. (Belize, Cozumel, Costa Maya and so on.) Tons of things to look at. Even who to book private shore tours with and who not to. You will find this right under roll calls.

I hoped this might help things go smoothly. If it were me with all these friends and family. Book through the ship.

Amy,

I did a little more searching on Costa Maya. Go to Forums and click Costa Maya. Then look at this thread...(Review: Majahual the little fishing village.n our own)

I have been looking at this forum alot since our Christmas cruise on the Veendam was switched from Cozumel to Costa Maya. We have been there twice and never left the port. We had a friend tell us about Majahual and thats what we will be doing. It sounds great. It also sounds like you can book whatever you want from there..:)

Hello...

I am new to this thread.

EXCURSIONS~

Thanks,

AMY

I'm heading to Costa Maya next week (November 18,2005). I'm doing the beach break by Island Marketing. Go to the thread on "beach break", the 14th person have the website address on their reply. I will inquire do they accept such a large group. Most likey yes since more people means more money.

Just check on this thread for great tips and info.

Look for my review around 11/20/05.

e-mail: tamairlink@yahoo.com

I'm heading to Costa Maya next week (November 18,2005). I'm doing the beach break by Island Marketing. Go to the thread on "beach break", the 14th person have the website address on their reply. I will inquire do they accept such a large group. Most likey yes since more people means more money.

Just check on this thread for great tips and info.

Look for my review around 11/20/05.

e-mail: tamairlink@yahoo.com

Thank you so much for being willing to post a review....I will be waiting for it! Have fun next week!

Thanks, Amy:)

• 6 years later...

Archived