NCL EPIC Drinks

bluemooner

Hi All

Newbie so go easy on me.

Heading out on the EPIC in a fortnights time from Barcelona.

COuple of questions around drinks

Is it worth buying the water package and if so what size are the water bottles i.e 500 ml ?

Also considering the beer and wine package but price seems very high,what are the average prices for a beer/glass of wine.

Thanks

Hi All

Newbie so go easy on me.

Heading out on the EPIC in a fortnights time from Barcelona.

COuple of questions around drinks

Is it worth buying the water package and if so what size are the water bottles i.e 500 ml ?

Also considering the beer and wine package but price seems very high,what are the average prices for a beer/glass of wine.

Thanks

Hi

I had a great time on the EPIC. It will be hot but the cruise takes you to some interesting ports.

I didn't buy the water package so I cannot say about the size of the bottles - you can get water by the glass included in the price and I was happy drinking that on the ship. In August you do have to think about water when you are off the ship though.

As for the beverage package, it is not cheap, but neither are drinks on the ship. I cannot recall the actual price of drinks (my April cruise included the beverage package when I booked), but.... we worked it out that you would have to drink about 6 or 7 drinks a day to make the package worthwhile. I could not drink that much because we were off the ship all day on 5 of the days. The one day that I did was the day at sea and it was my birthday. My breakfast the next morning was a little later than planned and included paracetomol.

So although it was very nice to have everything paid up front, when I go cruising again on a port-intensive cruise, if the package is not already included I would not buy it.

I hope that helps a little. Have fun on your cruise.

I am so glad we bought the water package. If you drink a lot of water ordinarily then you will drink more on a cruise. We got the 12 litre bottle option for 2 of us. We asked our cabin attendant to empty the mini bar so we could fill it with our water. It took 24 hours to really chill the water effectively but once cold it was great. We brought our water with us on excursions.

We also had the UBP, and we got great mileage from it. Even though it was port intensive we had drinks before dinner, during dinner and after dinner. If we got back to the ship relatively early in the afternoon/early evening we always got a cocktail up in the wave bar and brought it back to the cabin.

I'm not sure about the prices of beer, but glasses of wine ranged from $8-17 on the Epic in July. The drink of the day was normally $7.95 and the other cocktails were somewhere between $10-$15. We did have the UBP as a perk which was very nice, but I don't think I would have paid for it.

We didn't buy the water package but we did buy bottles of water in each port. Water was much cheaper on land (1 euro-ish at the train station and maybe 20 cents at a grocery). We would then refill them for use on the ship. The water from the tap is safe to drink so you can refill water bottles in your room or from a cup at the buffet.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, my 9 year old only drinks water and would like to know where on the ship can we get free water and can we drink the water in the cabin, would she think it tasted any different from water in England? I know when I went abroad one time in the past the water tasted vile. I just read on here there is a water package where can I find info on that and would we need it?

Thanks

Ruth

You don't need to buy the water package, it's a rip off. The water in the cabin is totally fine to drink! It doesn't taste the best but you can bring a water bottle with an in-built filter (we had Brita ones) and they help a lot with the taste. You can then also use the bottles to take water off the ship. You shouldn't drink tap water in most ports, buy bottled water then but it will be a lot cheaper.

While onboard you can get free glasses of water from any of the bars. We mostly used the H2O bar so can't speak for the others, but that one always had jugs of ice water ready for you to help yourself. You can also get water in the buffet and they always bring it when you dine in a restaurant. Both my partner and I drink an awful lot of water and we were fine with our filter bottles and the free water from the bar.

Edited by SquishTheWhale

Just back from the EPIC

You dont need the water package.

Its available in machines near the pools and Garden cafe.

We didnt have a drinks package included in our holiday but ended up buying the corks and caps package just prior to our holiday.

Im very glad we did as the price for wine especially in the dining rooms was about $10 a glass