Help for the mathematically challenged

Zoey

This may sound like a simple question but I've wrestled with it so hard, I think I've made it more difficult than it really is.

I'm looking at booking a balcony cabin on Reflection as a solo cruiser. While the basic (no promotions) fare - with a resident discount - seems pretty good for a solo on Celebrity, it's an extra $800 for two promotions - and that's just with the Classic drink package being a choice.I guess it's that high because you can only get promotions for two people even if the fare is for one. Example: if I want the classic drink package, it's for two people. The prepaid gratuities are for two. But one good perk would be the onboard credit would be $300 ($150 each for two).

I'm not the best at thinking logically in a math situation. Can somebody explain whether this sounds like a horrible deal for me OR are there examples of how it would benefit me to spend the extra $800 for two promotions? Because as hard as I figure, I can't justify it. I like a few drinks a day, but I'm not a huge drinker, maybe a couple of cocktails on deck during the day and a couple of glasses of wine at dinnare and/or lunch.

Thanks for your help.

Take the resident rate and pay as you go for drinks. The Go Big/better cash grab will never be a good deal for a solo. It's priced at a premium for 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks! That's what I thought but after messing around with the figures so much I think my brain malfunctioned a bit! lol