Opinions on Deck 6 AFT JS On NOS???

FJTinSC

We have our cabins booked for Navigator in Dec 06. And we got 2 JS cabins on deck 6 AFT. Has anyone had these, on any Voyager class? How was it with that "crew deck" right outside the balcony?

Should we move up, or to the side?

Any opinions??

If I am not mistaken,I think that Navigator,like Mariner has its crew deck on 5...The area outside on 6 is not a crew area.It is just a large usused area.

We were corner aft,6688 on Mariner,and that area is right above it.

The only noise we heard was from the door to the outside slamming shut..

You may not even here this if you are further from the corner.

Thanks,

Our main concern is not so much the noise, but the potential that people would be walking right by our balcony, and/or not having a good view of the ocean from that low on the ship.

I've seen pictures from that room, and it does just look like an empty deck area.

Also, is being that far cack on the ship a good place, considering how far it is to the nearest elevators?

We were happy with the location...It is a pretty good hike...although not so bad from the back bank of elevators.

But considering our dining room was on 5,on our end of the ship and so it was an easy down the stairs and we were right there at the entrance,and AO is on the end,and WIndjammer is on the end...And then the pursers desk and Promonade entrance are also right there at 5...It really did not seem bad at all...If we ever made the mistake of going down the forward elevators to 6 and then walking to the back...That was a haul....

We really liked it ...It is very quite...Do be a bit carefull.It only happened once,and then again on the last day,back in PC but at somepoint someone will come out to clean...SO if you are dis-robed...pull the curtains..

WE HAD A JS ON NAVIGATOR ON DECK 6.......THE OUTER AREA IS FOR MAINTENANCE ONLY, NEVER SAW ANYONE OUT THERE.

Aft decks are great but I really don't like the metal framework on the Voyager class ships. The JS are great also.

Have a great time

WE HAD A JS ON NAVIGATOR ON DECK 6.......THE OUTER AREA IS FOR MAINTENANCE ONLY, NEVER SAW ANYONE OUT THERE.

Aft decks are great but I really don't like the metal framework on the Voyager class ships. The JS are great also.

Have a great time

Well my naked husband did.:cool:

HEHE, was that more of a pleasure for the crew or him?? LOL

I am not so concerned about the distance, or even someone happening to go by. The more I look at pictures from these balconies, the less I like the fact that you have all that wasted space, that you cant see into the water. I am the type that I like to see down into the water, and spot dolphins etc. and not sure that I would be happy with this deck 6 aft balcony.

Anyone else of the same opinion?

I know what you mean.And I assume also that on Navigator the balconies are all glass...So you do have a great view.

We did see Dolphins once off the aft...

To me,the trade off was the bigger balcony...We really enjoyed it,it was nice to have the lounger and the table...I think what I did miss was the wiss of the ocean spray...Could not hear it like I think I remember it from side balconies...

Happy sailing what ever you choose...I have not posted my pics yet...I do have some pretty good shots.!

I am not so concerned about the distance, or even someone happening to go by. The more I look at pictures from these balconies, the less I like the fact that you have all that wasted space, that you cant see into the water. I am the type that I like to see down into the water, and spot dolphins etc. and not sure that I would be happy with this deck 6 aft balcony.

Anyone else of the same opinion?

I am having the same dilemma FJTinSC. We are booked in 6690 aft balcony on Voyager of the Seas for a 13 night transatlantic cruise in May. I like the larger balcony but don't like the crew deck situation and all that metal framework in that area. Unfortunately, I got the last aft balcony cabin, so I think we'll stay with it.

We were in aft cabin #7390 on the Mariner last week. I didn't ever see anyone walking out there and believe the surface is merely a cover for the staff area at the rear of deck 5. On occasion, we could hear them out there all the way up to deck 7. Personally, I would not book anything below deck 7. There was nothing appealing to the view on deck 6 IMO.

Beth

Archived