Cagney's Reservations on Escape

Cheer Mom D

Hi Everyone, I have a question. I went on my NCL to make dining reservation for our Specialty Dining on our upcoming cruise and I am unable to make reservations for Cagney's. Our cruise is the end of September and there are just 2 of us. Could all the reservations be filled up already? And if so, do you think we would be able to get in without reservations since it's just the 2 of us?

Even if there's an issue making the reservations online, you can make reservations as soon as you get on the ship, and you won't have a problem. Not all the spots are available for pre-bookings.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi Everyone, I have a question. I went on my NCL to make dining reservation for our Specialty Dining on our upcoming cruise and I am unable to make reservations for Cagney's. Our cruise is the end of September and there are just 2 of us. Could all the reservations be filled up already? And if so, do you think we would be able to get in without reservations since it's just the 2 of us?

I've read that they only allow 30% of reservations to be booked ahead of time, which means that 70% of reservation spots should be available to you on embarkation day. If you want to be sure you get the day and time you want, have the NCL iConcierge app downloaded to your phone and connect to the ship's WiFi after you check in at the cruise terminal. That should allow you to make your desired reservations as you wait to board.

It seems I must have read the previous thread, as I commented on it.

That thread said that Cagneys and Le Bistro were unavailable.

As others have said, bookings will be available onboard. I do question whether they were ever available though, for what it's worth.

It seems I must have read the previous thread, as I commented on it.

That thread said that Cagneys and Le Bistro were unavailable.

As others have said, bookings will be available onboard. I do question whether they were ever available though, for what it's worth.

I have both booked for my cruise on October 15th. They are definitely available, they just go quick.

I have both booked for my cruise on October 15th. They are definitely available, they just go quick.

Yes, I have both booked for my upcoming cruise. Not Teppenyaki though, which was never available. I could still book everywhere else even now if I wanted to.

It can vary from cruise to cruise.

Edited by KeithJenner

Yes, I have both booked for my upcoming cruise. Not Teppenyaki though, which was never available. I could still book everywhere else even now if I wanted to.

It can vary from cruise to cruise.

I guess it does vary. We were able to do Teppenyaki but not Cagney's or Le Bistro.

I was able to book Cagney's , Le Bistro, Teppanyaki , and Moderno on-line for our Oct. 1st cruise.

Booked at exactly 90 days out.

No problem whatsoever and got the times we wanted.

Today is my 90 days out and I don't see where I make reservations? Maybe its too early in the morning. What time do they usually allow you to start making reservations?

Today is my 90 days out and I don't see where I make reservations? Maybe its too early in the morning. What time do they usually allow you to start making reservations?

Clink on the dining link restaurants will show up on right hand side of page.

Clink on rest. You want.

Easy as can be.

Clink on the dining link restaurants will show up on right hand side of page.

Clink on rest. You want.

Easy as can be.

Nothing there! Just the option to buy specialty dining which I already have. Like I said maybe it will be up later today?

Nothing there! Just the option to buy specialty dining which I already have. Like I said maybe it will be up later today?

Just logged in and it's working.

Scroll up from speciality dining ,the restaurants will be there!

Bar to clink on will say dining 7, right after the excursions .

I just did my dining and entertainment reservations for our 10/22 escape cruise.

Like the other poster stated you will go to "MYNCL" click on the EXPLORE tab...***note the highlighted bar to the left now shows an option for Entertainment 4 and Dining 7**...click Dining 7 for instance and a list with little thumbnail pictures comes up for each restaurant. Click each restaurant one at a time and a window appears with three questions 1) what date 2)size of party 3) choose a time(*available times for the date you choose will appear) ...

After your first dining choice just rinse and repeat.

Edited by kimala

I do ave a question though regarding the reservation I made...when I got my promo it was over a year ago and it was for 4 pack of dining, ( I hear NCL has changed it to a 3 pack) anyways..my confirming E mail shows Teppanyaki and Moderno as 0$ (zero dollars) but on Cagneys and le Bistro it shows as A LA CARTE. Then there is a one line small print under it that says something like "you have chosen some a la CARTE items your on board account will reflect the charges"...???

I wonder if anyone else had that experience and is it just saying that because Moderno and Teppanyaki are set price restaurants and Cagneys and le bistro are alacarte pricing?

Thanks

They opened up unusually early last weekend. I had all my reservations made by around 2AM on Sunday morning. I happened to log on for something else and saw more than the 1 choice under dining.

I wonder if anyone else had that experience and is it just saying that because Moderno and Teppanyaki are set price restaurants and Cagneys and le bistro are alacarte pricing?

Thanks

If you had no dining package, you would be charged for the Moderno and Teppanyaki when you make your reservations. You are not charged for the a la carte until you actually order your food, so it can be priced. (I have no idea what happens if you are a no show).

If you wanted to dine all 7 nights, it would make sense to book the flat fee restaurants first as they would come off your 4 night dining package and then the a la cartes since you would be charged anything for those up front.

If you had no dining package, you would be charged for the Moderno and Teppanyaki when you make your reservations. You are not charged for the a la carte until you actually order your food, so it can be priced. (I have no idea what happens if you are a no show).

If you wanted to dine all 7 nights, it would make sense to book the flat fee restaurants first as they would come off your 4 night dining package and then the a la cartes since you would be charged anything for those up front.

...I actually have the 4 pack dining per the promo which was in effect when I booked over a year ago. I'm sure that it's just like I said that Cagneys and le bistro being alacarte pricing options just automatically come with that disclaimer rather then reflecting 0 price value like the other two I choose but...ONCE A WORRY WART ALWAYS A WORRY WART I guess.

...I actually have the 4 pack dining per the promo which was in effect when I booked over a year ago. I'm sure that it's just like I said that Cagneys and le bistro being alacarte pricing options just automatically come with that disclaimer rather then reflecting 0 price value like the other two I choose but...ONCE A WORRY WART ALWAYS A WORRY WART I guess.

You are booking on a system that is geared towards all passengers, not just those with your package. Therefore the wording isn't to you specifically, so don't read it that way. The prices at those restaurants would be a la carte and so they are paid at the time of dining instead of booking for those without the package. Since you have it, you won't have to actually pay anything when you dine.

They open up bookings for specialty dining and entertainment exactly 90 days before the cruise. I luckily was awake still at midnight last night when they opened the ability to book these and was able to book the 6 p.m. dining time for the Le Bistro, Teppanyaki, and Cagney's for our cruise. It should be noted that at 5 minutes after midnight when I considered changing that 6 p.m. dining time for Teppanyaki to a 5:30pm dining time, every time prior to 7:30 was already booked. So there must have been a lot of other people awake at midnight!

Edited by Jana60

They open up bookings for specialty dining and entertainment exactly 90 days before the cruise. I luckily was awake still at midnight last night when they opened the ability to book these and was able to book the 6 p.m. dining time for the Le Bistro, Teppanyaki, and Cagney's for our cruise. It should be noted that at 5 minutes after midnight when I considered changing that 6 p.m. dining time for Teppanyaki to a 5:30pm dining time, every time prior to 7:30 was already booked. So there must have been a lot of other people awake at midnight!

Are you on the October 22nd sailing of Escape.? Come join us on the meet and mingle!