Latest time to check in and board NCL Jade Venice August 6

amil

My cruise is coming up and I was wondering what time is the latest I could check in to board the Jade in Venice for my upcoming trip? We want to explore Venice as much as possible as we are disembarking early in Olympia.

Also could I check in my bags early to be sent to my room while I explore Venice?

Thanks in advance, Amil

My cruise is coming up and I was wondering what time is the latest I could check in to board the Jade in Venice for my upcoming trip? We want to explore Venice as much as possible as we are disembarking early in Olympia.

Also could I check in my bags early to be sent to my room while I explore Venice?

Thanks in advance, Amil

I have never cruised from Venice but at any of the Ports I have cruised from you could come to the ship early, hand your bags to the porters and go off before getting in line to check in. Would I want to go away after waiting in anticipation for my cruise for months and finally standing beside the ship? No!!!

For important information such as latest check in time I think you should read the cruise docs that NC L sends you rather than asking on a forum.

I have never cruised from Venice but at any of the Ports I have cruised from you could come to the ship early, hand your bags to the porters and go off before getting in line to check in. Would I want to go away after waiting in anticipation for my cruise for months and finally standing beside the ship? No!!!

For important information such as latest check in time I think you should read the cruise docs that NC L sends you rather than asking on a forum.

Thanks but for me seeing Europe is more important then getting on the ship early. Plus its my actual bday on the 6th so I want to have fun in venice bfore we hop on board. I'll have plenty of time on the cruise when we get on. The reason I asked was to get peoples personal opinion. Also NCL gives conflicting information on the FAQ it says if youre checked in one hour is fine but in my e-docs it says 2 hours.

From FAQ:

Arrival at the Cruise Terminal:

For your comfort and convenience, we recommend that guests who have not completed their Online Check-In arrive at the cruise terminal no later than two (2) hours prior to the scheduled embarkation time printed on your cruise documents. Guests who have completed their Online Check-In should arrive at the terminal no later than one (1) hour prior to the scheduled embarkation time printed on your cruise documents. We STRONGLY recommend guests complete their Online Check-In at least four (4) days prior to sailing.

Edited by amil

Thanks but for me seeing Europe is more important then getting on the ship early. Plus its my actual bday on the 6th so I want to have fun in venice bfore we hop on board. I'll have plenty of time on the cruise when we get on. The reason I asked was to get peoples personal opinion. Also NCL gives conflicting information on the FAQ it says if youre checked in one hour is fine but in my e-docs it says 2 hours.

From FAQ:

Arrival at the Cruise Terminal:

For your comfort and convenience, we recommend that guests who have not completed their Online Check-In arrive at the cruise terminal no later than two (2) hours prior to the scheduled embarkation time printed on your cruise documents. Guests who have completed their Online Check-In should arrive at the terminal no later than one (1) hour prior to the scheduled embarkation time printed on your cruise documents. We STRONGLY recommend guests complete their Online Check-In at least four (4) days prior to sailing.

Happy Birthday! Mine is the 8th. :)

Stephen

We were on the Jade a few weeks ago out of Venice, I think Muster Drill was at 4:30 (could have been 5 PM) - so you'd definitely need to be on board before then. We had a lot of fun!!

I called NCL today he said he recommends latest is 4:30 as the check in doors close at 5:01 sharp. so im pretty sure the Muster drill is later ?

Edited by amil

Depends on how and when you arrive to Venice. If you are arriving to Venice day of via train or airport and looking for most time it would make sense to take a land taxi to ship and drop off bags. Train arrival you would get off at Mestre, 35-40 euro to ship and about 20 mins. They took our bags directly from taxi. If by Vce airport land taxi direct to ship and same process. We arrived on the 10:20 am train and were on board ship before 11am. We didn't try to venture into Venice embarkation day but there is a water taxi or Aluinga sp? Right there that goes to st marks direct, about 20 mins slow ride 8 euro rt. Someone on cc recently on the jade did this and had enough time for a quick trip to St marks, and then return to the ship. you could take a water taxi from ship to st marks after drop off bags. much faster, but much higher cost.

This year We arrive day prior, plan on having hotel, near St marks, hold bags after we check out, and arrival at ship no later than 4 pm which is what our travel docs say for latest arrival time.

Depends on how and when you arrive to Venice. If you are arriving to Venice day of via train or airport and looking for most time it would make sense to take a land taxi to ship and drop off bags. Train arrival you would get off at Mestre, 35-40 euro to ship and about 20 mins. They took our bags directly from taxi. If by Vce airport land taxi direct to ship and same process. We arrived on the 10:20 am train and were on board ship before 11am. We didn't try to venture into Venice embarkation day but there is a water taxi or Aluinga sp? Right there that goes to st marks direct, about 20 mins slow ride 8 euro rt. Someone on cc recently on the jade did this and had enough time for a quick trip to St marks, and then return to the ship. you could take a water taxi from ship to st marks after drop off bags. much faster, but much higher cost.

This year We arrive day prior, plan on having hotel, near St marks, hold bags after we check out, and arrival at ship no later than 4 pm which is what our travel docs say for latest arrival time.

Thank you for the helpful post! I'm arriving at Marco Polo Airport (VCE) at 10:45AM. So hopefully I can make it to the cruise terminal by 1 the latest and have a few hours to explore and eat! Grr i wish i planned better

Thank you for the helpful post! I'm arriving at Marco Polo Airport (VCE) at 10:45AM. So hopefully I can make it to the cruise terminal by 1 the latest and have a few hours to explore and eat! Grr i wish i planned better

Sure. A couple suggestions to hopefully make your bday go smooth: if you can afford it, sometimes I think it's better to spend some $ on what others may think frivolous. So a land taxi from airport to ship costs more than a bus to P Roma and then people mover but just much easier to take land taxi up to ship, hand porter your luggage and be done with it. Also a private water taxi is quite a bit more from ship to st marks square and back. Figure about 70-80 euro each way vs 8 euro pp each way on the Aulanguna or much less on people mover... But if it makes your day easier, especially after a long haul flight and your bday, it may be worth it. A couple hundred on transportation to get a nice lunch in Venice on the water on bday? That's a good use when the alternative is jet lag, planes, haul luggage, perhaps get lost and wasting precious time. I'm the type who would have travel melt down if I tried to fit budget transport with jet lag. Your also a bigger target if tired. My iPhone was stolen in Venice because I was stupid and tired.

The other suggestion: only take a carry on. I didn't last year and our bags were lost for a full week, luckily returned night prior to boarding ship. I met others who had to wear NCL tshirts every day while the ship laundered their one outfit. Much easier just to take one carry on. You can send laundry out on ship and its not that expensive. If you purchase too much you can always pick up more luggage while there. With only carry on you aren't wasting time waiting to claim at airport or worse, filling out lost luggage forms and needing to wear a British airways or NCL clothing for a week. Have a wonderful trip. I think you'll love the Jade.

Sure. A couple suggestions to hopefully make your bday go smooth: if you can afford it, sometimes I think it's better to spend some $ on what others may think frivolous. So a land taxi from airport to ship costs more than a bus to P Roma and then people mover but just much easier to take land taxi up to ship, hand porter your luggage and be done with it. Also a private water taxi is quite a bit more from ship to st marks square and back. Figure about 70-80 euro each way vs 8 euro pp each way on the Aulanguna or much less on people mover... But if it makes your day easier, especially after a long haul flight and your bday, it may be worth it. A couple hundred on transportation to get a nice lunch in Venice on the water on bday? That's a good use when the alternative is jet lag, planes, haul luggage, perhaps get lost and wasting precious time. I'm the type who would have travel melt down if I tried to fit budget transport with jet lag. Your also a bigger target if tired. My iPhone was stolen in Venice because I was stupid and tired.

The other suggestion: only take a carry on. I didn't last year and our bags were lost for a full week, luckily returned night prior to boarding ship. I met others who had to wear NCL tshirts every day while the ship laundered their one outfit. Much easier just to take one carry on. You can send laundry out on ship and its not that expensive. If you purchase too much you can always pick up more luggage while there. With only carry on you aren't wasting time waiting to claim at airport or worse, filling out lost luggage forms and needing to wear a British airways or NCL clothing for a week. Have a wonderful trip. I think you'll love the Jade.

Thanks! I already set up private transportation from airport to check in via mydrive.com for 45euros! I was thinking about just walking into the city and then taking a water taxi back? or i guess we can do it vice versa as well. We plan on being in London/Dublin for a few days before we start our cruise so we should be clear from exhaustion/jet lag. However it makes it nearly impossible to just bring a carry on.