NCL suite cruisers considering RCL

Hi everyone! My husband and I have sailed quite a bit with NCL in their suites, but prices have gone up so much lately ive been looking at other lines. Some friends of ours live RCL, and I'm wondering if anything can give me some information on what cruising in a RCL suite? What's included? What's the difference between NCL and RCL? Does RCL have a haven type area where the suite guests are able to stay?

Any other things I should consider? Thanks!!

On Royal there are 3 distinct categories of suites and related benefits. Priced accordingly.

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/royalsuiteclass?icid=ryl_st_wrnssn_ryl_hm_cntntr_9342

Unfortunately those perks are limited to a couple of the largest vessels. The rest of the fleet still has the old benefits.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I've done Haven 2 bedrooms on NCL Jewel and an H6 on Getaway. RCI is nothing like NCL. There is no Haven, and if that's a deal breaker, look at MSC.

That being said, I'm enjoying another RCI cruise on Oasis next year, because I enjoy the Solarium on the Oasis line. Look around and see if the "balcony" one room style works for you, because even a Grand suite is one room (bearing in mind your comment about pricing).

Trade-offs, but I enjoy cruising. :)

If you book Oasis, Allure, or Harmony and book a deck 17 suite in Star or Sky Class (plus arguably any of the Star or Sky Class suites on other decks), I disagree that RCI is nothing like the Haven.

While I have not been in a Haven, Deck 17 is private with your own lounge and restaurant. Plus you have a private sun deck with its own bar and cabanas.

And now with the Star and Sky amenities and perks I think they are certainly offering a competitive product.

But it is true on the other ships it's different.

Edited by MattInFLL

If you book Oasis, Allure, or Harmony and book a deck 17 suite in Star or Sky Class (plus arguably any of the Star or Sky Class suites on other decks), I disagree that RCI is nothing like the Haven.

While I have not been in a Haven, Deck 17 is private with your own lounge and restaurant. Plus you have a private sun deck with its own bar and cabanas.

And now with the Star and Sky amenities and perks I think they are certainly offering a competitive product.

But it is true on the other ships it's different.

There's a price premium on those particular new ship RCI suites that is higher than even what NCL is extorting for their Haven products, and I don't think the RCI suite area compares to a Haven ship on NCL (I don't sunbathe, though!).

MSC has the best analog for a Haven, in my opinion.