Vegetarian Options on the Dawn?

debway

Hi all,

We are sailing on the Dawn departing New Orleans on 4/2/17, and one person in our party is a vegetarian. I've seen some menu postings that people have kindle put up, and there don't seem to be many options in some places - like O'Sheehan's. Anyone have experience with this? Requesting vegetarian/specific meals?

Thanks for your help!

Hi all,

We are sailing on the Dawn departing New Orleans on 4/2/17, and one person in our party is a vegetarian. I've seen some menu postings that people have kindle put up, and there don't seem to be many options in some places - like O'Sheehan's. Anyone have experience with this? Requesting vegetarian/specific meals?

Thanks for your help!

I have never had a problem getting good vegetarian meals on NCL. They will always work with you. Believe me, they have plenty of good vegetables on board!

I'm a vegetarian, have cruised twice with NCL, and there were always plenty of vegetarian options. Sadly, I also have a bunch of allergies and intolerances that make it difficult for me to find some that I can eat, but most vegetarians should have zero problems. :)

O'Sheehans has been hit or miss for me. On the Star, they'd make any burger as a veggie burger, but on Epic, when I asked for a veggie burger, they said they didn't serve them (they have them in the buffet) so I asked what I could get that was vegetarian and they told me that since they're an Irish Pub, they don't serve vegetarian food.

On both ships, the dining room had one vegetarian option every night, which wasn't very good. I usually ate in the MDR with DH, then headed up to the buffet, or on the Star, O'Sheehans.

This has been one of the deciding factors in us trying other cruise lines.

I'm not a vegetarian, but for health reasons I eat mainly vegetables. As a rule, the buffet has many options.....cooked and salad bar area. (This is why I find cruises ideal.)

i didn't like MDR vegetation food....not at all.

I've heard people say that when they spoke up and said they were vegetarian they were provided with options that were not on the menu they give to everyone. If you don't tell anyone your vegetarian or vegan or have any other restrictions, then you will just be given the regular menu. I've even heard of cases where the maître d would sit down with cruisers to devise a menu for them each evening.

• 2 weeks later...