NCL vs HAL for families with small kids

smariner

Ive done both, though not to Alaska. That being said, i believe NCL had the better kid programs as they also had the Nickelodeon characters at the time (5 yrs ago on Pearl) and a great area in the buffet for families including pint size tables and chairs. HAL had a nice kids area but for the older kids, more of a hangout. I didnt see the kid zones as we were adults only on that one (Zaandam 4 yrs ago) seems the kids were everywhere doing fun activities on NCL, bowling rock climbing etc

Edited by Lulubelle45

We did HAL to Alaska when my dad was 7. She loves NCL now, but HAL was great for that trip - the kids club was small and there was a lot of individualized attention. It doesn't have a lot of the bells and whistles of the NCL mega ships, and didn't have the variety of adult dining and entertainment, but my dad had a wonderful time. Not sure I would do HAL with her now at age 12, but at a younger age and for Alaska it was a good experience.