Titanic Museum

bchbms

I will be doing a back to back T/A on the QM2 in October, traveling solo. I would like to visit the Titanic Museum on the turn around day. Does anyone know If Cunard offers a day excursion or would I just take a taxi on my own. I know it's not far from the ship, but probably too far to walk. Thanks.

We went to the Museum but we were in the hotel the day before the cruise and we walked. You are right that it is not too far and can be walked but it just depends on if you feel you are up to it. We stayed at the Premier Inn near the Shopping Center and it probably took us about 15 minutes or so to walk. It is a nice museum and also a nice place to visit.

The Sea City Museum is well worth a visit. While you are there be sure to check out the very large model of the original Queen Mary.

I would suggest a taxi (if Cunard has an excursion it is bound to be much cheaper to do it yourself). If you have not seen a map of the location of the museum and the various docks, there is a good one on this website. Scroll down to the bottom of the page for the map.

The good news is that you can see the Titanic Exhibition from the ship about 300yards to 400yards away. The bad news is that it is on the other side of the river. About 2 mile away. Taxi around £7 each way.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I've visited the Titanic exhibition at the Sea City Museum in Southampton. Good, but not as interesting as the old Martime Museum at the south end of the city, close to the Dock Gates.

Which Titanic museum/exhibition did you visit daiB? Have you been to the one in Southampton?

Edited by pepperrn

I will be doing a back to back T/A on the QM2 in October, traveling solo. I would like to visit the Titanic Museum on the turn around day. Does anyone know If Cunard offers a day excursion or would I just take a taxi on my own. I know it's not far from the ship, but probably too far to walk. Thanks.

Hello, we did round Great Britain cruise a few weeks ago which called into Belfast, we did the Titanic experience on our own, very easy to do by taxi approx £7.50 p each way plus your own entry to the museum. It was a fantastic experience doing the ride in the museum which takes you on a trip through the make believe factory. Really recommend you doing it.

Oldgrouchuk.