Drinks Package Offers?

Hi, I'm looking to book a cruise for December 2017, and I am torn between an RCL cruise from San Juan, or an NCL cruise from Miami. Both are similarly priced, with itineraries that appeal to me.

We have cruised with NCL before, and have had a drinks package included as a 'free' offer.

Does RCL ever offer a drinks package as a special offer? With a family of 5, the cost of drinks on board really does add up, so it is a factor when considering which cruise to pick. Not sure whether to book the NCL cruise now, or hang on and see if RCL do this type of offer.

Hi, I'm looking to book a cruise for December 2017, and I am torn between an RCL cruise from San Juan, or an NCL cruise from Miami. Both are similarly priced, with itineraries that appeal to me.

We have cruised with NCL before, and have had a drinks package included as a 'free' offer.

Does RCL ever offer a drinks package as a special offer? With a family of 5, the cost of drinks on board really does add up, so it is a factor when considering which cruise to pick. Not sure whether to book the NCL cruise now, or hang on and see if RCL do this type of offer.

RCI has not offered included drink packages yet from US ports.

Does RCL ever offer a drinks package as a special offer?

As far as I know they only offer promotional free drinks packages out of the UK. I have seen 20% off drink packages offered at times.

We have sailed RCCL several time and will again in Oct. Since RCCL introduced the drink pkg, we have purchased them. In fact, the 20% offer is going on now and we made our purchase for our upcoming sailing. My DH drinks beer only, his pkg was $33. I like a variety....beer, to drink of the day to wine w/ dinner and my premium pkg was $44....yes, both had a service fee added (15%) added upfront.

I've never sailed NCL, though may be w/ friends next summer. We all know that nothing is free....that being said, in your research or inquiries, have you found NCL's prices to be more appealing?

Happy sailing!

Edited by Scootch

RCI goes through spells of offering a free drinks package to guests booking in the UK.

I am going on Navigator from Miami in November 2017 and that comes with a free drinks package but I booked in May.

At the moment they don't have a drinks package offer on though. I'd say leave it till the 25% offer has finished and see what comes out after then

Thanks, Swoopy, that's interesting, will hang on for a bit then and see what happens.

Scootch, I've found NCL prices to be very similar to RCL, but at the moment they include the drinks offer, making them overall better value, at least for me!! :) I quite fancy trying RCL for a change, but I'd be a bit annoyed to book, and then find that I could have had the drinks for free! It's not that I'm a huge drinker, but I do like the freedom of not having to count the pennies on holiday.