St. Maarten Excursions

leelooandgelf

Hello everyone

Has anyone been on the 'Airport and Snorkle' excursion at St. Maarten?

We are thinking about booking it, but wondered how far the boat moors from the beach? It looks like you probably have to swim to the beach so we're not so sure.

Any information would be fantastic

Below is a bit from a Caribbean review I wrote a while ago.

St Maarten

Port:

Catch the water ferry ($6 for an all day wristband last year) to the beach from the cruise terminal. Great place we have always stayed in the bay so can’t comment on the island. It is very American lots of nice bars and the place to buy duty free, jewellery. Sunbeds and brollies on the beach usually in front of the beach bars so someone comes out and you pay them (I think it was $10 for 2 beds last yr) then they will run back and forward if you want drinks or snacks!

Ships excursions we have done here are the Golden Eagle catamaran lovely afternoon cruising down to ‘airport’ beach watching the planes land, they are so low it appears they might hit the mast! We then went snorkelling off a lovely beach and with loads of rum on the way back a great day.

I have also done the America’s cup yachting here a great experience if you like sailing or think you might like to try it.