Port Canaveral excursion

orange5

Does anyone know the cost of transportation with P and O from Port Canaveral to a Disney drop off? We have tickets left over from a couple of years ago and as one of stops is at PC it would be an opportunity to use them. Thanks.

Does anyone know the cost of transportation with P and O from Port Canaveral to a Disney drop off? We have tickets left over from a couple of years ago and as one of stops is at PC it would be an opportunity to use them. Thanks.

As this port is very unusual for P&O I doubt if anyone will know.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Called at this port in 2010 on Azura so may not be of much use but as Dat says, it isn't a usual port of call.

The only excursion offered to Disney included the price of admission and it was £100 for adults and £86 for children.

Universal and Sea World prices were £98 and £86 for adults and children

Basic Kennedy space centre which may well have just been a transfer was £58 and £38. Other trips to the space centre varied between £70 and £140 for adults.

Sorry can't lay my hand on the excursion details so can't tell you how much it was but the Caribbean /New Orleans /Florida itinerary on Aurora in April this year definitely did a transfer to Disney so passengers could pay for entry to Disney themselves. I think this allowed people to select the type of entry /attractions they wanted to purchase. I've looked at forthcoming itineraries which include Port Canaveral and they are advertising transfer only - so it looks as though you could do it to take advantage of the tickets you hold but I don't know the cost.

Sorry can't lay my hand on the excursion details so can't tell you how much it was but the Caribbean /New Orleans /Florida itinerary on Aurora in April this year definitely did a transfer to Disney so passengers could pay for entry to Disney themselves. I think this allowed people to select the type of entry /attractions they wanted to purchase. I've looked at forthcoming itineraries which include Port Canaveral and they are advertising transfer only - so it looks as though you could do it to take advantage of the tickets you hold but I don't know the cost.

That is the trip we are doing next January. Thanks for your help.

That is the trip we are doing next January. Thanks for your help.

Hope you enjoy it as much as we did! In fact I've looked at your itinerary and tbh I think it's even better than the one we did. You have a better combo of Caribbean ports imo and Cozumel definitely has more to offer than Progreso. It's a cracker. I'd love to do it again.

Hope you enjoy it as much as we did! In fact I've looked at your itinerary and tbh I think it's even better than the one we did. You have a better combo of Caribbean ports imo and Cozumel definitely has more to offer than Progreso. It's a cracker. I'd love to do it again.

Looking forward to New Orleans. We have never been there and always wanted to go. It's good to know you enjoyed it.

Looking forward to New Orleans. We have never been there and always wanted to go. It's good to know you enjoyed it.

Vibrant, colourful, touristy, very busy, but what a buzz! Fabulous place and so easy to just walk off and explore independently. If you like jazz I can recommend the Palm Court evening excursion. Great atmosphere, fantastic musicians and good Creole style dinner. It was a real highlight. Also we got a real thrill realising we were sailing up the Mississippi the evening before our arrival and went out on deck to see the moonlight on the the river and the water beyond the levees too. It was surreal. The sailaway was also memorable as the sunset over New Orleans - we could still see it in the far distance three and a half hours after leaving.

(Actually it was Oriana we were on - not Aurora.)

Vibrant, colourful, touristy, very busy, but what a buzz! Fabulous place and so easy to just walk off and explore independently. If you like jazz I can recommend the Palm Court evening excursion. Great atmosphere, fantastic musicians and good Creole style dinner. It was a real highlight. Also we got a real thrill realising we were sailing up the Mississippi the evening before our arrival and went out on deck to see the moonlight on the the river and the water beyond the levees too. It was surreal. The sailaway was also memorable as the sunset over New Orleans - we could still see it in the far distance three and a half hours after leaving.

(Actually it was Oriana we were on - not Aurora.)

Thanks for the tips. Another bonus is no flying. We are from Dorset too so not far to Southampton.

We did similar trip on Ventura about five years ago. Booked the transfer to Magic Kingdom and bought our tickets on arrival. Have you checked the Cruise Personaliser to see if they are still doing this trip?

I think the OPs itinerary has New Orleans as being the first port of call that's in the USA. Just a warning that we were on Ventura some years back where this was the case. Those on P&Os excursions were first to present themselves to immigration in the terminal and all others were required to obtain a numbered card the day before. They would then be called off by numbers. We were about number 4 so we're off reasonably quickly at about 9.30 however when we reboarded about 4.30 they were just calling number 24 with many more numbers to go. There were about 6 immigration desks manned and they were very very slow so some people got to see very little of this lovely City. They even required every single crew member to present themselves to immigration even if they were not getting off the ship! Just a heads up to hopefully help you avoid such an issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We did similar trip on Ventura about five years ago. Booked the transfer to Magic Kingdom and bought our tickets on arrival. Have you checked the Cruise Personaliser to see if they are still doing this trip?

No, excursions not showing yet. On line at the different ports you can see the excursions but no prices.

. [quote=kevinyork;50655304]I think the OPs itinerary has New Orleans as being the first port of call that's in the USA. Just a warning that we were on Ventura some years back where this was the case. Those on P&Os excursions were first to present themselves to immigration in the terminal and all others were required to obtain a numbered card the day before. They would then be called off by numbers. We were about number 4 so we're off reasonably quickly at about 9.30 however when we reboarded about 4.30 they were just calling number 24 with many more numbers to go. There were about 6 immigration desks manned and they were very very slow so some people got to see very little of this lovely City. They even required every single crew member to present themselves to immigration even if they were not getting off the ship! Just a heads up to hopefully help you avoid such an issue.

Good points. We booked a half day orientation tour the first morning so were amongst the first to get off. It definitely is worth considering if you want to make the most of your first day. Another important aspect is that once you have gone through immigration you are not allowed to re-board the ship until everyone else has gone through immigration (including the crew or even passengers not intending to leave the ship!). There is a shopping centre just as you leave the port so there are facilities and somewhere to sit, have a drink or something to eat. It's also. air conditioned so there is somewhere to go until you can get back on the ship if that's what you intend to do.. If you are going off to explore you need to take everything you need with you - no getting back on if you've forgotten anything. I think everyone was through by 12.30 when we were there but we have heard tales of it taking much longer as in kevinyork's experience. It is definitely worth thinking through the implications of the immigration process at your first US port.

Edited by kruzseeka

I think the OPs itinerary has New Orleans as being the first port of call that's in the USA. Just a warning that we were on Ventura some years back where this was the case. Those on P&Os excursions were first to present themselves to immigration in the terminal and all others were required to obtain a numbered card the day before. They would then be called off by numbers. We were about number 4 so we're off reasonably quickly at about 9.30 however when we reboarded about 4.30 they were just calling number 24 with many more numbers to go. There were about 6 immigration desks manned and they were very very slow so some people got to see very little of this lovely City. They even required every single crew member to present themselves to immigration even if they were not getting off the ship! Just a heads up to hopefully help you avoid such an issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think we were probably on the same cruise only we joined in New Orleans on New Years Eve. We heard about the horrific delays with U.S. immigration for people on board but we were fortunate that our immigration was at the airport and was quite fast. Unfortunately our flight was delayed by five hours so we didn't arrive at Ventura until 23:00 on a formal night. We made the best of it and enjoyed the spectacular fireworks at midnight with our cases arriving some time later. Didn't get to see New Orleans as we set sail the following morning on a very misty day. It was eerie as we sailed along the Mississippi, the mist was hovering just above the levees. A fantastic cruise which I wish was repeated more often.

We did universal studios on your own from Adonia last November it was very easy ,there was also Disney on your own ,can,t remember the price .Also there were plenty taxis quayside . Have fun

So did we but got tickets included in the excursion price. Not cheap but a gotta do in my opinion. Great day out and that was an excellent cruise :):cool:

Phil