No Excursions Available for 1/02/96 Summit to Hawaii

Marie Stevens

Now they are telling us to book our excursions on board. Of course, when we board we will not know what is available to us (unless they finally come up with something) and now everyone boards and immediately runs to the excursion desk along with everyone else of the ship who have been unable to book anything; and of course, it will take a long time for each party to decide what they want to do because they have no previous knowledge of what is there. Are they crazy???? Do they really want everyone in the lobby purchasing excursions at the same time???? If they hadnt cut our time ashore in all the ports they would not have had this problem ( and that hasnt set well with many of us either). Come on, Celebrity, you can do much better than this. Of course, I mean l/2/2006, pardon my typo.

Also, you can book on the interactive TV on board without standing in line. Or, you can just fill out an excursion form and drop it in the drop box for excursions. Not a big problem really. :)

I usually drop by the desk, on the counter are forms and info sheets, take them to my cabin , fill them out , then drop them in the box at the desk. It is quick and easy

I am going on this cruise but in Nov, on the Infinity. Getting anxious for tickets etc, which were in office destroyed by Wilma in Ft Lauderdale, but have been told everything will be OK as Orlando office is taking over the load.

If I may ask a question -- what do you mean they have cut your time ashore in all the ports??? We are on this trip in March and I am curious to say the least about your statement. What are the times in each port?

Thanks,

Lucy

One recommendation that I would make is to look for another cruise with your same itinerary. We had to do that just to get an idea of what Celebrity was offering. Most of the tours that were on an earlier cruise were offered on ours.

Another piece of advice is do your homework on Hawaii. Get a good guidebook and don't head to Islands blindly. There is so much to see and do that you won't be able to squeeze everything on one cruise. There was plenty that we wanted to do, but didn't. Gives us a good reason to head back!

Anita

If I may ask a question -- what do you mean they have cut your time ashore in all the ports??? We are on this trip in March and I am curious to say the least about your statement. What are the times in each port?

Thanks,

Lucy

A lot of the ports had departure times of 6:00 or 7:00 with one at 11:00. Now two of the departure times are at 5:00, one is at 11:00pm, and we depart the last port at 3:00.

This has me a little irked too.

Eric -- I must admit I haven't checked since 10/19 but the Celebrity website listed our cruise as leaving Hilo and Kona at 6:00 p.m., leaving Kauai at 5:00 p.m., leaving Honolulu at 11:00 p.m. and Maui at 3:00 pm. Does this match your cruise? Any idea why they would leave an hour early?

Thanks,

Lucy

Hi, the only port that did not have the times changed is Honolulu. Nauwilli is now listed a Port Allen and arrives at 9:00 am and leaves at 5:00; in Hilo we arrive at 700 am and leave at 5:00 and in Kailua Kona we arrive at 8:00am and depart at 3:00 pm and of course our other port, Ensenada, is a joke as we arrive at 11:00 pm and leave at 12:00 pm (no great loss there). I have been looking into going to a luau and the only place we can do that is in Honolulu. They have one at the Royal Hawaian, close to the port, and it is $79. per person. I am going to check with the others in our party for it. It is at 6:00 pm and we could get back to the ship because it is close.

Archived