Oceania e-Mail Address

Joe and Ivan

Hi,

My general philosophy about Internet use on Oceania is to use it as little as possible to save money. I have a compulsion for frugality that doesn't always make logical sense!

So my question is--should I give my Oceania e-mail address to the Realtor that will be listing our home when we're cruising in November?

If she sends me an e-mail address at my Oceania address, will the cruise line print it out and deliver it to my cabin? Or is this address used only when I'm paying the 95 cents per minute also to get the $2.00 message?

If I have to pay the 95 cents per minute also, I think I'd rather not give her the Oceania e-mail address. I can just check my Yahoo mail to see if there's anything from her.

Thanks,

Ivan

Ivan

I used my hotmail account........I signed up for 200 minutes and managed, just about, to get through that in the 14 days. I cannot recall the cost but I neded to keep in touch with my Office.

I also used e-mailanywhere.com.

Brian

Hi Ivan,

We were on the Insignia in August. Our daughter-in-law was having her first baby and the baby was in distress, so we bought a 100 minute package for $80. There are two computers in the library so you can check your email 24 hours a day. I use Yahoo when I travel.

Sheila

Hi Ivan & Joe

Thought I'd pass on what I do - each trip we take I create a new Yahoo e-mail address (usually including the area of the world we are visiting) and send it to those that might need to contact me. Then I only check this e-mail inbox. Saves me from accidently spending money to read spam or cute e-mails someone has forwarded to my regular e-mail address.

I also create an email group of everyone I want to send e-mails to in this e-mail account so I can quickly address an email to the group with an update on what we have seen and where we have been.

Have fun!

Joe & Jeff

Archived