Confused with NCL and cruisedeals.com

I booked a NYE cruise on Saturday for the Getaway. I noticed today on NCL site that they are now offering a $100 on-board credit for Holiday sailings. I call and the rep. that I spoke with said that I would have to cancel and book with their travel partner cruisedeals.com. I said that I did a mock booking on NCL's website and she said the booking is not with NCL but with their travel partner. I am so confused. If I rebook with this travel partners website than what happens if I want to deal with NCL in the future? I also do not see anywhere on NCL's website where they mention the booking would be with them. Has anyone been in a similar situation?

From the promotional terms and conditions for the holiday promotion:

Holiday Sailings 2016

Terms & Conditions

Booking Window: 8/1/16 - 8/31/16 11:59pm EST

Offer not applicable to categories IX, OX, BX, or MX.

Onboard credit offer is per stateroom, in U.S. Dollars and will be applied to 1st and 2nd guest on the reservation.

Offer is for new individual FIT reservations, new speculative group delegates, and existing group block rates. Qualifying new individual FIT reservations can be moved into an existing speculative group and count towards tour conductor credits. Offer is not valid for affinity groups or tour operators.

Onboard credit has no monetary value and is non-transferable. It may not be used toward onboard service charges or prepurchased activities. Singles paying 200% are entitled to full onboard credit value.

Guests who cancel and rebook must accept this promotion's terms and conditions.

This is a cruise only offer. This promotion is not applicable on the land portion of cruisetours or BUNDLES.

Offer and combinability with other promotional offers is subject to change at any time per Norwegian Cruise Line's discretion. Other restrictions may apply.

Cancellation fees also apply based on the booking/sailing date; therefore, Norwegian Cruise Line strongly recommends the purchase of travel protection on all bookings.

Government taxes, port expenses & fees, and discretionary onboard service charges are additional.

Not applicable to chartered dates and group types: CMI OP EVENT, CMI OP LG EVENT, INCREG & INCLARGE

Applicable to NCL MIAMI, NCL INTL, NCL BRAZIL, NCL ASIA and Australia. This promotion does not apply to CE and UK offices.

Having to book through someone else to get it is hogwash (but you do have to cancel your current booking). Call back and speak to someone else.

Edited by StolidCruiser

I booked a NYE cruise on Saturday for the Getaway. I noticed today on NCL site that they are now offering a $100 on-board credit for Holiday sailings. I call and the rep. that I spoke with said that I would have to cancel and book with their travel partner cruisedeals.com. I said that I did a mock booking on NCL's website and she said the booking is not with NCL but with their travel partner. I am so confused. If I rebook with this travel partners website than what happens if I want to deal with NCL in the future? I also do not see anywhere on NCL's website where they mention the booking would be with them. Has anyone been in a similar situation?

You haven't specifically stated, but I'm guessing your original booking is with the online travel agency you mention in the post. If this is the case, then nobody at Norwegian can discuss your booking with you, because the agency you booked with owns the booking. It is this way with any cruise booked with a travel agent - they are the only ones who can discuss your booking.

If that's the case, then contact the agency, have them do the cancel and rebook... OR... if you do prefer to deal exclusively with Norwegian then have the agency cancel the booking entirely (just make sure you don't have a cancellation or change fee) and then book it yourself either on Norwegian's website, or via phone with one of their call center agents.

Easy, peasy. :D

No, my original booking was on the NCL's website on Saturday. When I called today, NCL said I would have to cancel with them to rebook with this other agency, even though I can go on NCL's website and book it directly with the onboard credit. I'm afraid if I book it NCL will no longer be able to deal with me. That is why I am confused since it is directly on NCL's website.

No, my original booking was on the NCL's website on Saturday. When I called today, NCL said I would have to cancel with them to rebook with this other agency, even though I can go on NCL's website and book it directly with the onboard credit. I'm afraid if I book it NCL will no longer be able to deal with me. That is why I am confused since it is directly on NCL's website.

Whomever you spoke to was extremely confused then. Call back, and speak to someone different. There is absolutely no reason why you cannot book this offer directly with Norwegian.