Carnival Sunshine

9182 8D 185/35 sq ft

Beds: twin/king

View: window and standard balcony

Bathroom: shower-toilet-sink

Features: flat-screen TV, telephone, 110 AC current, individual climate control, hair dryer, safe, 3-closets, desk and ottoman seat, sofa and coffee table

Balcony features: 2 patio chairs and table balcony partition opens to: 9178

From cruisedeckplans.com

thanks for the info!! My husbands a smoker, do you know where he can smoke on that floor?

No where to smoke on 9, he'll have to go up to deck 10 starboard, but there's a nice area, kind of an outdoor "smoking lounge" up there. I believe on deck3 is another smoking area.

BAR1068, I am wondering if you could tell me about Sunshine. This will be the first time my family will be cruising with Carnival. We usually do RCCL but we are more 'port' orientated that ship orientated. Sunshine on December 10 is our choice this year. We still enjoy a nice ship. Just looking for some info on the ship and feedback from an actual cruiser who has been on it. Thanks so much in advance for your time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

BAR1068, I am wondering if you could tell me about Sunshine. This will be the first time my family will be cruising with Carnival. We usually do RCCL but we are more 'port' orientated that ship orientated. Sunshine on December 10 is our choice this year. We still enjoy a nice ship. Just looking for some info on the ship and feedback from an actual cruiser who has been on it. Thanks so much in advance for your time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Many eating venues. Mongolian wok, JiJi's, Cantina, Guy's Burgers, Blue Iguana. Red Frog Pub has a good beer (I'm not a beer drinker but it was good.) JiJi's and Cantina cost $15 for dinner, free for lunch. Steakhouse is $35, free bottle wine per reservation first night, not great wine but heh.

The one place that is crowded is the single file area from Lido out to where Guy's is and same for the other side where Blue Iguana is.

Serenity filled up by 7:30am!

Difficult to figure out how to get into the place where they do comedy. Auditorium is smaller than most ships and is set up weird.

So much to do, I didn't get a lot done on my 8 day back in April.

Many cabins don't have mini fridge. OP's doesn't. I was on deck 2 and didn't and didn't have a mailbox.

Trivia was done in Ocean Plaza, nice area.

Food in MDR was good for a change.

I was close to your room, we stayed in 9179 June 2015. The room was nothing special. I was reluctant to stay on the Lido deck thinking it might be noisy, but it's not. You'll like the convenience. It's the Lido deck for me from now on when possible.

Agree with CruisinpsychRN that there are many eating options. Highly recommend the steak house (make reservations now). Try the Italian free for lunch. Most recommend it for dinner too (extra fee like the steak house), I would stick with lunch, but it just depends how much you like Italian food. We love the sushi, it's extra, but not a lot. MDR was okay, but I agree with others that it seems to be slipping and our servers were mediocre compared to other cruises - I suppose that's always hit or miss.

We've been on 3 Carnival ships and the Sunshine was our least favorite, but everyone has different priorities. I just found it hard to orient myself and find a relaxing, quiet space indoors. The kids didn't enjoy Camp Carnival, the staff was not very engaging with them. We still had a positive experience, just not as good as the other 2 ships.

Have a great cruise, but don't base your impressions of Carnival entirely on the Sunshine.