Carnival Miracle - Intraship communications - Aug 13 sailing

kheilmann

Hi all, this is my first post here. My family and I are sailing on the Carnival Miracle to Mexico August 13-20. I have cruised before but not on Carnival, and for the rest of my family this is a new experience.

My question is about intra-ship communication. My two sons, ages 11 and 16, want to do a lot of things on their own, but I want to be able to check in with them and meet up with them early if necessary. I read about the HUB app which includes text communications and thought that sounded perfect, but then I found out that HUB is not yet available on the Carnival Miracle.

What do people do to keep in communication with family members who are also on the ship? Can you use walky talkies? Or do you just do without?

Thanks,

Kathy

Someone told me on my last cruise that you download the WhatsApp and do the $5 a day internet. Then you can text your family members as long as they all have done the same!

Check out our Roll Call! There are a lot of locals going!

Is it $5/day per person to use the What's App?

Thanks.

the lowest level internet package you can get is 5$ per day if you buy on a daily basis but if you buy it for the week you get a break on the price. (pretty sure it's 25 bucks for a 7 day cruise)

It allows you to use whatsapp and facebook messenger and a few other things. In order for everyone to keep in touch though everyone needs to have the package - it's per device.

You could technically buy one package and everyone can use it but only one at a time. If two people wanted to chat in real time you'd have to buy 2 internet packages.

We didn't want to have any Internet, so we just stuck notes in the kids' "mailbox"m and they did the same. But my youngest is 14, so it was a little easier to not worry being incommunicado with them for hours.