How do keys work? Access to child stateroom by parents

kheilmann

Me, my boyfriend and my two sons (ages 11 and 16) are booked on the Carnival Miracle August 13-20. We booked two staterooms, but the booking agent was not able to get them absolutely next door, I think there is one room in between. So the booking agent had to book my boyfriend and one son in one room, and me any my other son in the other room. But of course I intend to sleep with my boyfriend, and I am comfortable having my boys just down the hall. The booking agent said to just swap luggage tags to make sure the right luggage gets sent to the right room. Seemed simple enough. But now I'm wondering how the keys will work. As part of a family travelling together, can I make sure that my key will access both staterooms? Will this happen automatically or can I request it? Or should we swap keys as well? Do the keys have your ID or other information on it that we need to have? I don't know how the keys work and this is my first time on a Carnival Cruise.

Me, my boyfriend and my two sons (ages 11 and 16) are booked on the Carnival Miracle August 13-20. We booked two staterooms, but the booking agent was not able to get them absolutely next door, I think there is one room in between. So the booking agent had to book my boyfriend and one son in one room, and me any my other son in the other room. But of course I intend to sleep with my boyfriend, and I am comfortable having my boys just down the hall. The booking agent said to just swap luggage tags to make sure the right luggage gets sent to the right room. Seemed simple enough. But now I'm wondering how the keys will work. As part of a family travelling together, can I make sure that my key will access both staterooms? Will this happen automatically or can I request it? Or should we swap keys as well? Do the keys have your ID or other information on it that we need to have? I don't know how the keys work and this is my first time on a Carnival Cruise.

I've done this a few times...just go to guest services and tell them you want extra sail and sign card without charging privileges...just to be used for room access for your other cabin you purchased (just explain the scenario..they do this all the time). I get one for me..to get into their room...and one for them in case they need to get into my room and need me for something. Do this any time when you embark. One person in each room will have to use two cards...one for their charging, etc. and the other for room access. I usually do this on day 1. Easy fix.

BTW..your room card keys do have your name on it, but not your room #. Everyone should be using his/her own card with their own name on it, especially when getting on/off ship...very important.

Also, put luggage tags however you see fit. You can always place them exact (how you are booked), and then just bring luggage to correct cabin once it's delivered...up to you.

Edited by abisha

I agree we are doing the same thing on the conquest but might I add this may be a good time to order the cheers program since there is only one adult per cabin (wink wink) I'm doing this we just switched because my wife isn't a 450 dollars per week drinker so I got the cheers for my self ill get a door key for my sisters and kids room but ill be with the wifie(awe poo):D Also remember that the purchases will be added to both rooms or when ever you and boyfriend swipe your cards have a great time