Room decoration with cake

Megan_Strick

My son's girlfriend will be on her first with is next month. I want to get their room decorated and get her a cake. I know I can order her a cake onboard but if I get the decoration package with the cake do they put it in the room. I would rather have it at dinner.

Next question is how does the cake delivery work with ATD? We've gotten cakes delivered to the table before but it was before ATD.

I have ordered cake during anytime dining twice and it came on the night I chose. They have notes in the system that they will see when you go to the hostess station upon entering dining room. I did not buy a room decoration package with a cake so I can't help you there. I would imagine it would come at dinner though on the night you select. Maybe someone else can chime in on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My son's girlfriend will be on her first with is next month. I want to get their room decorated and get her a cake. I know I can order her a cake onboard but if I get the decoration package with the cake do they put it in the room. I would rather have it at dinner.

Next question is how does the cake delivery work with ATD? We've gotten cakes delivered to the table before but it was before ATD.

What exactly is the cake for? The decorations? Celebrating her first cruise with you? Do you blow out candles and get a wish for such an occasion?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I bought a cake/decoration package for my daughter's birthday. It was all delivered to the room. I suppose you could ask for it to got to the mdr, or just take it with you. It is in a box. It's done through room service.

I have done the celebration twice before. The first was for our Anniversary. The second was DW's Birthday. Both times, I requested the cake to be delivered to the MDR. I added it to the request when I placed the order. I also had it worked out to deliver the cake on the second night of the cruise, since we were eating at the steakhouse on the first night.

Carnival was very accommodating on both request and DW was surprised by both requests. Go ahead and book the cake/decoration package and let them know when and where to deliver the cake. If you are still nervous about the cake delivery, when you get on the ship, just verify with the Maitre' D when you want the cake delivered.

Sorry, but I never got photos of either cake, but both cakes were delicious.

My last cruise for my birthday my cake was presented at dinner. This year, if my bf requests a cake I'm not sure where it will happen. I never knew you could get decorations! How festive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by sheeniwoo

What exactly is the cake for? The decorations? Celebrating her first cruise with you? Do you blow out candles and get a wish for such an occasion?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Birthday Cake. I've never had candles on any cake I ordered.

There is a package to decorate the room with or without cake.

I have done the celebration twice before. The first was for our Anniversary. The second was DW's Birthday. Both times, I requested the cake to be delivered to the MDR. I added it to the request when I placed the order. I also had it worked out to deliver the cake on the second night of the cruise, since we were eating at the steakhouse on the first night.

Carnival was very accommodating on both request and DW was surprised by both requests. Go ahead and book the cake/decoration package and let them know when and where to deliver the cake. If you are still nervous about the cake delivery, when you get on the ship, just verify with the Maitre' D when you want the cake delivered.

Sorry, but I never got photos of either cake, but both cakes were delicious.

Thanks! I've only ever gotten the chocolate. They are very good!

When you order the package that includes both the cake and the decorations, they are both in the cabin when you board. there is no where on the order form to designate to get the cake delivered at another time. If you order the things separately, you get to choose when the cake will arrive and where. We had the vanilla cake with strawberries and it was delicious. My grandson loved that the cabin was decorated when he arrived.

FYI- we usually order room decorations, and this cruise added a cake for a honeymoon (picked the love decor theme) and was able to select when wanted delivered.

The wait staff also surprised hneymooners on first formal night with a cute personalized chocolate heart thick mouse cake with script writing on plate at end of dinner.

It came with a lighted candle. The honeymooners also received a $25 gift card for a wine selection it said from room steward.

Another family member who indicated birthday being on cruise also received a wine card, $50 spa certificate and cute polka dot cake on her birthday. Both cakes came with a lit candle, dining room team do not leave until making sure candle is blown out.

I had our TA put in special occasions in our reservations, but under cruise details, there s a Tab labeled "my guests" here you can enter special occasions there.

When you order the package that includes both the cake and the decorations, they are both in the cabin when you board. there is no where on the order form to designate to get the cake delivered at another time. If you order the things separately, you get to choose when the cake will arrive and where. We had the vanilla cake with strawberries and it was delicious. My grandson loved that the cabin was decorated when he arrived.

Funny, I ordered the package both tomes and had the cake delivered both times to the dining room. I guess I am privileged?

I made the request in booking the package. There is a comment place where I put the request in.

• 11 months later...

What time did you arrive? I was reading that you won't get access to your rooms until 1:30, and I'm planning on checking in at 2. Do you think decorations will be up by then?

When I ordered the package a couple of years ago for DH birthday, there was a drop down box were you chose the date & time you wanted both and one option was the dining room for the cake. I just had both put in room on our 1st full day on ship like after lunch. When we returned to our room in early afternoon it was all there.