Extend your stay On Board

Jo42

Here's the text from the UK site for the extend your stay in Southampton. Definitely says Internet and drinks packages that were purchased would be extended.

Guests cannot remain in their staterooms after 8:30 a.m.

Guests will have access to all public lounges and the pool deck.

Guests who have previously purchased a beverage package will have the package on departure day.

Guests who have previously purchased an internet package will continue to have access on departure day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree as the same text is on the US website.

I showed Guest Services a printout of the terms and was informed that they had notified Miami that the ship systems could not carry forward existing packages as the new cruise info is being loaded for the arriving guests.

No alternative was offered other than a credit card purchase for beverages.

The implication was that Miami had independently written the excursion w/o ship sign-off.

Here's the text from the UK site for the extend your stay in Southampton. Definitely says Internet and drinks packages that were purchased would be extended.

Guests cannot remain in their staterooms after 8:30 a.m.

Guests will have access to all public lounges and the pool deck.

Guests who have previously purchased a beverage package will have the package on departure day.

Guests who have previously purchased an internet package will continue to have access on departure day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We did have access to everywhere. We had to go to security and hand in our passports and sea passes. We were given a visitors pass to use for the day. You basically have the soda package for the day until you leave. This was explained in the information they gave us a few days before the end of the cruise. So contradictory to what the website says.

You could use the gym etc but they were closed until 11am. You are allowed to stay on board until 90 mins before they leave for the next cruise.

I think about 50 people did it at the end of our cruise.

Personally I'd rather buy access to my airlines lounge for the same price if not less & hang out at the airport.

A lot of us using it were from Europe with late flights. So no airline lounges available. Plus Rome airport doesn't have a lot to offer. We enjoyed having the ship pretty much to ourselves for a few hours [emoji1]

It would be worthwhile to us if they would let us keep our cabin until we are ready to depart the ship (or give us the use of another private cabin that has been cleaned, so we can have fresh bedding and towels).

But since they don't do that, I would rather get a comfortable day room at a hotel or motel instead.

Hanging out in an airline lounge is fine for an hour or two or maybe even three, but for much longer than that we want our own private room.

Edited by varoo

• 5 months later...