Which pier in Naples- ferry to Capri

koopmanclan

Hi, we are also on the Vista for the 26th August sailing and are planning to take a ferry to Sorrento when in Naples.

All information I can find indicates the cruise terminal (Stazione Maritima) and one of the places to take a ferry to Sorrento/Capri etc. (Molo Beverello) are right next to each other (https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@40.8376047,14.2563385,17.65z).

Naples' cruise calendar indicates the Vista will be docked at berth 9 and 10 at the Stazione Maritima on 29th August (our cruise) - you can check here: http://www.terminalnapoli.it/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=245.

Obviously nothing is guaranteed, but on the basis of this information I have already purchased our ferry tickets to Sorrento from Molo Beverello. Hope this helps and have a great cruise!

Edited by BarcoUK

It is very simple, we did it in May. You just get off the ship, go through the cruise terminal and keep walking through the parking lot to the street. Make a left and the ferry cruise terminal is right beyond the restaurant you will see on the corner.

Even if you book your ferry tickets online, you have to go to the ticket area to get your actual tickets, they don't take your printouts at the ship. There is a special line for internet purchases and it goes very quickly.

Did you buy your return ticket in advance too? How was Capri? We are thinking of doing this as well. Once you get to Capri, did you do any tours or just DIY? thank you

I booked our tickets online and yes, I booked both ways. I just had to go get in the internet line and get the actual tickets, it was very simple.

We waited until we got to Capri and then booked the boat tour around the island. It was gorgeous, we saw the blue, green, coral and white grottos and the views were breathtaking, but it took up a lot of our time and we did not make it up to Anacapri. We did take the tram up to Capri, had lunch and shopped around a bit.

We had hoped to go into the Blue Grotto on our boat tour but were unable to due to high winds/choppy seas. In addition, I can't image how long it would have taken to get everyone on our boat tour into smaller 2-3 person boats to do the blue grotto, so I guess we got more time on Capri that way.

Even if you book your ferry tickets online, you have to go to the ticket area to get your actual tickets, they don't take your printouts at the ship. There is a special line for internet purchases and it goes very quickly.

I think this probably depends who you buy your tickets from. I have purchased tickets which state they must be printed, are final and valid for boarding.