First Cruise in Six Years ...

Sean3667

Hi Everyone,

After a six-year hiatus from taking a cruise vacation, I'm booked for early January on the Triumph. Since I've been "out of the loop" for a few years, I'm wondering what changes to expect this time around. I've read about the updated security for boarding and disembarking, and how tips are automatically applied to your S&S card, but do have questions on the following:

-Drink prices. What's the average price for a mixed drink onboard the ship, including the 15% tip? My somewhat hazy memory would like to think they weren't too bad when I was on the Destiny, but I'm trying to plan for this trip on much more current information. Have the drink prices stayed reasonable, or should I be ready for the Ghostbar-in-Vegas-like prices of $8 (not including tip) for a Captain & Coke?

-Robes. We have a category 8A balconey cabin booked, and are wondering if those rooms will include robes for us to use. It's not a big deal if the room doesn't, but it will save me bringing my own along if it's there.

-Mini bar. Does Carnival have these in category 8A, or are they only in the suites? Carnival's printed information hints that they're equipped with them, but there's nothing specific.

TIA for any help you can provide. This will be my fourth cruise, and my girlfriend's first, and hopefully it won't be another six years before the next one!

We were on Triumph a little over a year ago. We were also in a balcony cabin and did have robes in the room. I have read that if you do not get them you can ask the steward and he will get you one. We did not have a frig with mini-bar, I believe only the newer ships have those.

There is a list with bar prices floating around here some where.

We sailed the Triumph last year and loived it so much all of us decided to do it again! Same trip same group. The robes are nice, the food is OUTTA this world. The service is super! You will love your choice. Go with a prefound sense of adventure and you will have the trip of a lifetime. We have had 5 TRIPS OF A LIFE TIME. I sure the next will be a TRIP of a lifetime.

We cannot wait!

Archived