Anthem of the Seas Review - July 28th - August 6th

Guest maddycat
My husband went and he didn't care for it. Didn't mean to offend anyone with this comment since it's just my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You didn't offend me. I just couldn't understand how you could say that breakfast was better in Chic and the Solarium Bistro than the Windjammer when you never went to the Windjammer.

The sandwiches and pizza were good but I missed the cake pops! They had cookies and cheesecake when I went. My daughter loved the beignets for breakfast at Chic and was disappointed they didn't have them on departure day. I am sure you will enjoy them as well!

The sandwiches and pizza were good but I missed the cake pops! They had cookies and cheesecake when I went. My daughter loved the beignets for breakfast at Chic and was disappointed they didn't have them on departure day. I am sure you will enjoy them as well!

That is nice to hear the pizza was good. I was pleasantly surprised on Brilliance in March that the pizza at the Solarium cafe was do I dare say pretty liveable and the oatmeal cookies decent. Didn't care for the pizza on Liberty at Sorrento's. I think the pizza has been changed up a tad from a year ago.

Any suggestions on getting time for North Star. I am hoping it will be running during some of the time in Bermuda since the North Atlantic usually has waves and wind. I want to try to do at night as well as day, but I do not want to wait in mega line.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I have no experience on RCCL, but will be on Anthem of the Seas in October. I've been trying to plan things out and in my menu search found this: (room service menu is near the bottom)

http://eatsleepcruise.com/2016/05/anthem-of-the-seas-menus/

Looks to me like unless you want basic breakfast or are a "little cruiser" you're going to have to pay a small fee- and even then the options aren't all that exciting.

Thanks for the link. The website as a whole is very informative.

If you can, make your reservation ahead of time. We did and it was very easy getting on. You show up 10 minutes before your scheduled time and they will weigh you (ugh!) and take you up in groups of 14. They told us that the reason they weigh everyone is because the emergency harness can only hold up so much weight, so they need to be sure that they're not over. Since the ship was full, they did not do the full 360 degree experience since that takes 20 minutes and they would not be able to accommodate everyone. If your ship is not full, they may do the whole thing.

If you do not have a reservation, try to make reservation on board as soon as you get on the ship or even go stand in line and see if anyone with a reservation doesn't show up. It was a really cool experience, so I hope you get the chance to do it!

If you can, make your reservation ahead of time. We did and it was very easy getting on. You show up 10 minutes before your scheduled time and they will weigh you (ugh!) and take you up in groups of 14. They told us that the reason they weigh everyone is because the emergency harness can only hold up so much weight, so they need to be sure that they're not over. Since the ship was full, they did not do the full 360 degree experience since that takes 20 minutes and they would not be able to accommodate everyone. If your ship is not full, they may do the whole thing.

If you do not have a reservation, try to make reservation on board as soon as you get on the ship or even go stand in line and see if anyone with a reservation doesn't show up. It was a really cool experience, so I hope you get the chance to do it!

Thank you for this critical info. I thought it was totally a first come serve activity. I will get online to see if they are still taking reservations for times. I am boarding Saturday of Labor Day. I am thinking Anthem should be packed, but yet everyone should be back at school. Since we don't get back til Thursday. I am thinking it is going to be a wild ride going basically during a holiday.

I think we're sailing with you Karen! About craving late night food...I always take some baggies and a couple pieces of Glad Ware. I usually keep fruit, cheese and some of those tuna knot sandwiches in the frig. My downfall has always been the nachos, which taste so good at 5 pm! My bad! Thank you to the OP for a good review! Even though I am Diamond Plus, there are so many different concepts here. I'm very flexible, though! I'm not cooking, cleaning or driving, right?

I think we're sailing with you Karen! About craving late night food...I always take some baggies and a couple pieces of Glad Ware. I usually keep fruit, cheese and some of those tuna knot sandwiches in the frig. My downfall has always been the nachos, which taste so good at 5 pm! My bad! Thank you to the OP for a good review! Even though I am Diamond Plus, there are so many different concepts here. I'm very flexible, though! I'm not cooking, cleaning or driving, right?

Hi Linda, I am sailing as a 1st time Diamond on this cruise. I know during my last Brilliance trip I tried to pack a tray; no room, but the glad ware is a great idea. For those midnight or later snack fest.

This should be an awesome time on a really amazing ship.

About craving late night food...I always take some baggies and a couple pieces of Glad Ware. I usually keep fruit, cheese and some of those tuna knot sandwiches in the frig. My downfall has always been the nachos, which taste so good at 5 pm! My bad!

Nightly cheese and crackers for me. Thanks for the Glad Ware tip:)