What not to miss on the Magic 10-1-16?

dorisdvu

Loved reading a book on the aft on the deck overlooking the pool, with a frozen drink of course. That was my favorite spot on the boat. Don't skip the steakhouse or Italian restaurant. They are worth the up charge. Oh and we loved the conch balls and coconut shrimp at the pub!

Edited by smyliecruising

What are the things not to miss on the Magic? Sailing 10-1-16 to Costa Maya, Belize, Cozumel and Mahogany Bay.

If you like beaches, check out Tropicante (Costa Maya) on Trip Advisor. That was one of the prettiest beaches we've visited. Steve, the owner, is from Texas. He was a wonderful host. He didn't charge for loungers nor umbrellas, he just asked that we purchased a drink or a munchie. The four of us ordered two buckets of beer, a pina colada, fish ceviche, nachos, and guacamole, all made on premises and all delicious. With gratuity, we paid $70 total. Local all inclusives were $50 pp for the same ocean and the same sand. Plus Tropicante was a five minute taxi ride from the port.

If you like beaches, check out Tropicante (Costa Maya) on Trip Advisor. That was one of the prettiest beaches we've visited. Steve, the owner, is from Texas. He was a wonderful host. He didn't charge for loungers nor umbrellas, he just asked that we purchased a drink or a munchie. The four of us ordered two buckets of beer, a pina colada, fish ceviche, nachos, and guacamole, all made on premises and all delicious. With gratuity, we paid $70 total. Local all inclusives were $50 pp for the same ocean and the same sand. Plus Tropicante was a five minute taxi ride from the port.

He is a nice guy. We went there once and weather didnt cooperate, cloudy drizzle day and the ship left very early so we didnt spend much time there.

Nice recommendation! We are sailing on 10/1, too... I think this sounds like a plan!

Don't have a cruise booked at the moment but I'm making a note of this so I don't forget to go there when we do. Both the Magic and Costa Maya are on my wish list. Thanks!

He is a nice guy. We went there once and weather didnt cooperate' date=' cloudy drizzle day and the ship left very early so we didnt spend much time there.[/quote']

Yes, Steve is. Besides personally welcoming everyone, allowed people to use his cell phone to check up on things at their homes.

Sorry about the lousy weather.

Nice recommendation! We are sailing on 10/1, too... I think this sounds like a plan!

Email Steve at steve uhl @ sandals and skis . com (remove the spaces) and let him know when you will be there and how many people in your party. He'll send you specific, extremely easy instructions on how to get to Tropicante.

Besides being a five minute ride, if I remember correctly, we paid $2 U.S. per person for the taxi.

Edited by stargate fan

Don't have a cruise booked at the moment but I'm making a note of this so I don't forget to go there when we do. Both the Magic and Costa Maya are on my wish list. Thanks!

Go to Tropicante Ameri-Mex Grill on TripAdvisor. There are great reviews and beautiful pictures.

Yes, Steve is. Besides personally welcoming everyone, allowed people to use his cell phone to check up on things at their homes.

Sorry about the lousy weather.

What can you do about the weather. Went back there in Feb and another miserable day we just stayed on the ship.

Funny thing is we went there twice both times ship left at 2 pm. Wish they would stay later.

What are the things not to miss on the Magic? Sailing 10-1-16 to Costa Maya, Belize, Cozumel and Mahogany Bay.

Hi all. Like Dorisdvu we're also sailing on Magic 10/1, can't wait! Our first time on Carnival. Because of the wonderful reviews of the Steakhouse we booked there one night. Also doing Everyone Loves Rays in Cozumel. Has anyone been there?

Jen

Hi all. Like Dorisdvu we're also sailing on Magic 10/1, can't wait! Our first time on Carnival. Because of the wonderful reviews of the Steakhouse we booked there one night. Also doing Everyone Loves Rays in Cozumel. Has anyone been there?

Jen

I bet you will book a 2nd night at the steakhouse after your first visit. It's great

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I bet you will book a 2nd night at the steakhouse after your first visit. It's great

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's what I've heard! Also recently read that on embarkation and the first cruise elegant night the Steakhouse offers free wine. Of course I didn't book either of those nights.

So, we may have a second dinner there (:

Jen

Totally agree with this - Steve and Tropicante are not to be missed! Beautiful place and great people. You can also get a massage on the beach for about $25 or so an hour!