Princess Visa - Japan Cruise Issue

seacruise9

I just returned from Japan and noticed that all the charges for excursions came from Carnival Japan and didn't earn double points. I called this morning and was told that when my statement closes for the month, the double points will be awarded. So I'll wait until the end of my statement period to see if the points update. Maybe that's what happened in the OP's case?

Sure hope it is. Just be patient.

I just returned from Japan and noticed that all the charges for excursions came from Carnival Japan and didn't earn double points. I called this morning and was told that when my statement closes for the month, the double points will be awarded. So I'll wait until the end of my statement period to see if the points update. Maybe that's what happened in the OP's case?

Hi,

No, my double points were not added when my statement closed for the month. I didn't contact Princess Visa until after I had received my statement without the double points. After my last post above, I received an apology letter from Princess Visa stating that they had decided to grant me the double points. I would not have received the double points without contacting Princess Visa and filing a complaint.

Hopefully, based on my complaint, they are now aware of the problem and will start automatically granting the double points.

Chuck

Edited by seacruise9

Hi,

No, my double points were not added when my statement closed for the month. I didn't contact Princess Visa until after I had received my statement without the double points. After my last post above, I received an apology letter from Princess Visa stating that they had decided to grant me the double points. I would not have received the double points without contacting Princess Visa and filing a complaint.

Hopefully, based on my complaint, they are now aware of the problem and will start automatically granting the double points.

Chuck

Chuck, thanks for the update. The lady I spoke with said at the end of the statement period, Princess will "forward the points", whatever that means. She was certain it would happen and said I needed to just wait until then. I said ok, but I'd be calling back if it didn't! Looks like I'll probably need to.

Hi,

Chuck

Chuck,

Thanks for your tenacity on this matter. You might just have solved the future problems for the rest of us. We are planning on Japan in Oct 2017, and I definitely want my double points for all the on board charges, including the shore excursions. Rally appreciate that you not only brought the matter to the attention of Princess and Barclay's, but it looks like it is fixing it for the rest of us.

G

• 3 weeks later...

So I just had a couple of frustrating conversations with Princess Visa regarding the double points for the Japan charges. My statement closed for the month and surprise, no double points! They insist that since it was charged by "Carnival Japan Diamond", that they are not Princess charges. I finally spoke with a supervisor who repeated the same thing, but agreed to open a case so that they can look into it. I expressed surprise that they don't hear more complaints, and she said this is the first she has ever heard of the issue.

My husband says I should have told them that since I've never even been on a Carnival ship (which is true), if they are Carnival charges, they can't be mine. And that I want to contest them, lol. Since Princess would have to respond to prove that they are legit charges, that would solve the problem!;)

OK, problem solved! I realized after I got off the phone and opened the case with Barclay that I still have my stateroom account statement from the ship. The page for the excursions is printed on Princess Cruise Line stationary, and under the letterhead it says Carnival Japan. So I called Barclay back, the manager had me send her a photo of the statement, and problem solved. She awarded me the double points on the spot.

So those of you going to Japan and using your Princess Visa for excursions, save that statement! It will make getting your double points so much easier!:)

BTW, it was only the charges for excursions that were the problem. Other ship charges showed under Princess, not Carnival.

OK, problem solved! I realized after I got off the phone and opened the case with Barclay that I still have my stateroom account statement from the ship. The page for the excursions is printed on Princess Cruise Line stationary, and under the letterhead it says Carnival Japan. So I called Barclay back, the manager had me send her a photo of the statement, and problem solved. She awarded me the double points on the spot.

So those of you going to Japan and using your Princess Visa for excursions, save that statement! It will make getting your double points so much easier!:)

BTW, it was only the charges for excursions that were the problem. Other ship charges showed under Princess, not Carnival.

Good for you! I have had post cruise issues with Royal and Celebrity and like you was dismayed at the poor level of CS I met. However going uno the ladder I found that the CS was the way it should be IMHO so be persistent. It pays off usually.

For all my troubles I received $240.00 OBC from X and so far two bottles of wine and about $300.00 OBC from Royal so hey keep bugging me! :D.

Hi,

It is ridiculous that we each need to have this same argument with Princess Visa concerning the Diamond Princess double points. Now that they are aware of this issue, Princess Visa should be automatically applying these double points.

Chuck

Edited by seacruise9